Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Feeling fluey every time I'm on my period

(14 Posts)

Banana, I'd love to have my coil removed but I have no other method of contraception I can use!

Spidermama Sun 05-May-13 20:46:27

I think I get this too. I'm fluey at the moment and think I'm due to have my period in the next couple of days.

Annoying.

Allfurcoatandnoknickers Sun 05-May-13 20:41:48

I've got the mirena and I'm like it too. Feel crampy, headachey, sniffles, and chesty, then vanishes until next cycle. I'm on hrt for oestrogen and mirena for progesterone, so could all be linked.

banana87 Sun 05-May-13 08:19:12

I'd look at getting your coil removed. You're taking medication for heavy periods that are likely due to the coil, a classic example of the medical spiral and it does your body NO good!

Meringue33 Sun 05-May-13 07:44:36

Yes. Think its that your immunity is low at that time. I treat as with any other flu, ie Vit C, plenty to eat and sleep.

kerstina Sun 05-May-13 07:42:48

How many days before period is due do you get the symptoms? I felt like I had flu come on really quick yesterday absolutely freezing cold and aching. Feel much better this morn just a bad head and a bit achey. Am sure it could be linked to my cycle but am not due for another 5 days or so ?

Corygal Sat 04-May-13 20:58:32

Yep, since aged 15. It's horrid - thing is, the symptoms - swollen glands, fever, aching, runny nose - are all genuine. Thirty years on it still catches me out.

Diary! so you know the illness will at least ease a bit when you come on.

pippibluestocking Sat 04-May-13 18:38:19

Me too, plus upset stomach

smoothie Sat 04-May-13 18:34:42

I've been getting this too. The doctor suggested I was peri-menopausal.

I'm so glad it's not just me!! (Obviously not glad you are all suffering too) I will get a magnesium supplement and see if it makes me feel any more like a human smile

bulletproofgerbil Wed 01-May-13 20:42:14

Yes, I have always had this. Really horrible headaches, exhausted, sore throat, achey especially between shoulder-blades and around neck, slightly raised glands, really cold and a bit shivery, dithery and spaced out. It's so miserable. I'm peri-menopausal now and my periods are a bit irregular so I can't easily predict when I'm due-on. So many times I think I'm going down with something and then a few days later my period starts.

cocolepew Wed 01-May-13 20:34:25

I don't have periods anymore but this was me too. I found taking a supplement like Magnesium OK helped.

UseHerName Wed 01-May-13 20:27:28

i was going to ask this?!

me too-im due at the weekend and feel like im coming down with something...

Post dd (now almost 3yo) I have felt as though I have the flu with each period, I did not start having them again until 11 months ago due to bf up until then. I have had a copper coil in for 8 months and am quite heavy when on now and so take tranexamic acid and mefenamic acid around my periods.
I get headaches, bone and muscular aches, slightly swollen glands in my neck and become very lethargic.
Does anyone else experience this at all?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now