Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Lyme disease and pregnancy

(28 Posts)
missfitz23 Sat 27-Apr-13 04:44:25

I have a beautiful 5 month baby boy and i unluckily got Lyme disease at the early part of my pregnancy and due to silly doctors didn't receive this diagnosis untill week 30 of my pregnancy .... At this point I receives amoxicillin for the rest o my pregnancy (10 weeks) I'm worried though about the time in between it was untreated

Some say it can spread to baby but he's currently healthy and I feel like I'm always worrying that I might have given it to him sad

Anyone know or have any experience I need reassurance and advice

missfitz23 Tue 21-May-13 12:46:29

That's heat breaking ! I'm really worried about not only me but my son too! I'm going to get him tested ASAP and begin treatment if positive I don't want him to end up like that

Jellykat Tue 21-May-13 22:14:09

I really didn't mean to worry you further.. You must remember that the reason her case is so extreme, was that it wasn't taken seriously by the NHS, so it was left to take hold for many years.

I do think a test would be a good idea, at least if its negative your mind will be put at rest, if it isn't (which is unlikely) the earlier its treated, the better the chances of getting rid of it.

I hope it all turns out fine for you both x

missfitz23 Thu 23-May-13 23:16:21

Thank you

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now