Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

**TAMOXIFEN 35**the all dancing,fat boy snacking and drugs thread

(1000 Posts)

yoo hoo - over here- bring the trolley...

Gigondas Fri 10-May-13 17:06:56

Good for you malt. One of my good friends is class rep - I did joke with her whether her wedding or this fair took more organisation! Tbh I think a lot of parents would donate to good causes and not have fair but not sure school would go for that!

Hope diprobase helps and you can hide it-topsy could crochet a cover for it?

excellent idea gig !

Copthallresident Fri 10-May-13 17:45:27

gigs school fairs sad My absolute bête noire, why they can't just be honest and levy a an extra charge and spare us all the pain I don't know. Alpha Mums heaven though. The most successful marketing strategy of my entire career grin was when I got saddled with doing the publicity for cake stall (still worked then so obvious target, also need No tattooed on forehead) So I photo shopped a picture of Nigella with the slogan "Are you a Domestic Goddess?" "Bake a cake for the May Fair. Prize for the most stylishly delicious." and put it on school gate to target the mothers and a did very pink one with fairies for Fairy Cake Competition for the daughters. Red rag to a bull. Like the parents race at Sport's Day. We were absolutely deluged with cakes, incredible patisserie chef creations shock Too much to sell.

At lovely International School the fair was called "Around the World" and each class had to decorate their room as a country. It was supposed to be educational for the children but Alpha class Mums in charge. There was an actual full size gondola in Year 3 (Venice) Year 4 looked like a brothel (Morocco) and Class Mum got very irritated when our Year 5 (who looked like Ollie in Made in Chelsea but more handsome complete with ponytail smile ) teacher refused to have the 10 year olds colour in more fish for her barrier reef in favour of creative writing about Ned Kelly.

MAS good luck with the cycle, hope hospitalish cream works on hands.

jchoc thinking of you on that journey on Friday pm, do it other way sometimes, not much fun. Have a good weekend darn sarth.

Ash so we can stop tunnelling? Yeah! Also shock and angry at HSA, should definitely be given some training

Ooo nearly wine o clock

Copthallresident Fri 10-May-13 17:46:05

gigs xposted. Like minds!

Copthallresident Fri 10-May-13 17:54:56

Year 3 classroom grin http://izismile.com/2009/06/29/china_has_built_its_own_ivenice_25_pics.html

Copthallresident Fri 10-May-13 17:55:15
smee Fri 10-May-13 18:10:14

Gigs x- posted so missed you still have staples. G'ah! Though means more cake on Monday.

Copt grin at those alpha mums. We don't tend to get that at our school though there are still plenty of mad people grin

smee Fri 10-May-13 18:11:39

MAS are you having per-chemo treats? Am hurling some love hearts on trolley - far too good for DS. grin

amberlight Fri 10-May-13 18:15:37

Meeting fab. Well, it was for me. Not sure how it was for them grin

Ooooo wine !!! Just the thing!

Gigondas Fri 10-May-13 18:34:58

Yes more cake on Monday. Waiting on takeaway now- gigs despatched to bed early.

Glad meeting went well amber.

topsyturner Fri 10-May-13 18:52:59

Did someone say wine ???
<snuffles carefully laid trail of biscuits into thread like truffle hunting pig>

My news today ?
Pig/dog tried to hump DDs friend .
Oh the shame .....

smee Fri 10-May-13 18:56:23

Is she scarred for life, Topsy? shock

topsyturner Fri 10-May-13 19:06:13

I heard her telling her cousin about the cute doggie that was hugging her ...... grin

AshokanFarewell Fri 10-May-13 19:11:11

Oops topsy!!! blush was she upset?

I hope everyone is having a good start to the weekend. I managed to just lose my long post so shall start again...

cop wow at the gondola etc!! And your poster sounds fab, I bet they just expected something in Comic Sans with a clip art picture of cakes. Best thing about our school fair was the greasy pole but alas health and safety put an end to that sad

amber glad the meeting went well smile

gigs what takeaway are you having? Yay for more cake.

jchoc have a fabulous weekend and I hope the journey is going smoothly

I'm chilling out watching Transatlantic Sessions, where I first heard the tune that inspired my nickname, and something I think ned might enjoy? smile

I hope everyone is having a good start to the weekend! Waves to everyone I've missed smile

AshokanFarewell Fri 10-May-13 19:11:48

Haha cross posted! At least you won't have her mum phoning you up outraged or something grin

jchocchip Fri 10-May-13 19:26:29

grin at cute doggie hugs!
Boring tea in burger king. Not cheap either, could have had a half decent curry for that price...
Nasty queues around Sheffield so not getting on very fast.
Dd2 doing art homework in car.
At least its stopped raining for the moment smile
Can't actually have any wine yet as may need to share driving later - so someone have one for me.

NedSchneebly Fri 10-May-13 19:27:03

Bleurgh. . . Got rampant cough - think might be brewing Chest infection. DS coughing too - may turn into a race to see who needs medical intervention first. . .

Good news - am well on the way to raising my £500 target for my Race for Life, which I am walking running for all of you lovely ladies. Have form up at school and took one to choir the other day,and much cash has been forthcoming! Thanks loads to those who have sponsored me already: smee, ash, gracie, MAS - much appreciated! If anyone else wants to add to the pot, go to this site and put in my name where it says "sponsor a friend". Obviously no pressure at all, just like to give you the option! If you're not on FB with me/ don't know my real name, maybe PM me?

Got to put DS to bed, but will be back later for a proper catch up.

sandripples Fri 10-May-13 19:38:15

Gigs, I may have misunderstood but I take it that if you keep the staples in you could actually eat more cake? wink smile

Trice - I'm so sorry to hear your news and hope your GP will be helpful in getting you some support.

I've just been reading the thread about being very tired . I've had a tough week at work so came home early today as I'd done a lot of hours and wasn't much use really. Went for a nice walk at 5.30 - hope I sleep better tonight. Just want to retire really - in 18 months that will be an option - yay, but will have to supplement measly pension till I'm 66. However, given all the challenges on this thread - that's a 'good quality problem' to have really, so I'll shut up (sorry)

I can't remember- is anyone else in late 50s? If so do you get tired?! Its not as bad a chemo tiredness but I do seem to flag! I think the past year's weather is a factor - I want lots of sunshine and warmth for weeks on end please...we used to have something called summer in the good old days...

Gigondas Fri 10-May-13 19:45:57

It absolutely does mean more cake!

Ash-had Thai take away then a solero. Gearing up fir more cake now.

We are having a Julio inglesias evening in honour if Spanish bil who once drunkenly tried to argue he was the most famous man in the world after the pope ( there is a whole host if cultural difference as to how you come to that idea grin).

Topsy- just think of it as educational for dd friend. I am surprise as had sauron down as a more a gourmet than a lover.

Copthallresident Fri 10-May-13 19:46:23

Ash Your school taught you to climb the greasy pole? grin I could have done with that life lesson.....

sandripples Fri 10-May-13 19:47:51

Hola! Enjoy your evening Gigs.

Copthallresident Fri 10-May-13 19:50:50

goondog humps all my friends, the closer to me they are the more he humps them. Complete stalkerish pain. However when all my friends dogs race across park to bitch in heat goondog just looks puzzled. Very confused, have theory that sex instinct for animals bred out because they can't have them shagging the sheep but utter devotion to humans bred in has had unfortunate consequences...................

Copthallresident Fri 10-May-13 19:53:02

I think an evening with Enrique would be more enjoyable, saw him at Twickers Help for Heroes concert. possibly the nicest bum in the world.

sandripples Fri 10-May-13 19:56:19

Our neighbour's tortoise humps people's feet if they're wearing trainers...I am a non-dog person and find it very embarressing when they come and sniff between your legs etc so would die if a dog tried it on....give me a cat any day.

NedSchneebly Fri 10-May-13 20:03:27

Started new thread here

This thread is not accepting new messages.