Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

**TAMOXIFEN 35**the all dancing,fat boy snacking and drugs thread

(1000 Posts)

yoo hoo - over here- bring the trolley...

about 40 people I reckon- to be held between our 2 gardens and the studio,with gazebos-hoping it won't rain (not until 1st June but that's no guarantee!)
Am bleeding like a mad thing (sorry TMI) -it's horrible. On my scan I read that I have apparently a bulky uterus,which means fibroids-looked it up- have never had problems with periods before but since chemo started they've been v regular but quite heavy at first,then dragging on -mentioned this to bcn and she's spoken to onc. who wasn't worried. Bah,though...

HerNextDoorAt21 Sun 28-Apr-13 13:40:32

Good grief you lot have done a lot of gassing !!!!

Gigs I hope you are feeling a bit better and more comfortable.

Sparkle, it sounds awful what you are going through

I hate replying on my iPad as I can't scroll back and forth and keep up eith everyone and write personally to you all ! My memory is shot for names and stuff. I'd get you'll mixed up and that would be terrible !

So topsy and I went to ikea.... We did ave lunch there and she failed to tell you about the coffee mugs <ahem>. I ended up buying crap I didn't really need as usual.

We had a nice pub night and yes, the scummy bugger did leave with two slices of my bread to make her fish finger butty after devouring a pile of chicken wings ..... We had the same brand of wine hers in white, mine in red ..... How twee !

I got Nurse Ratchett again on Friday but I was not backward at telling her how I had been on pain killers since the last dressing and how I was VERY sore. She was well tuned into me and treated me with kid gloves and bent over backwards to get me spare dressings etc.

I will write more later but need to go now ... A nature calls for ASD son and we are on a new toile ting regime c/o his clinical psychologist (who I despise btw)

thenightisyoung Sun 28-Apr-13 13:56:31

Hi all, all it takes is a busy week at work and a new thread happens!

Gigs I hope your escape plans are successful.

Mas rotten about grotty periods, I hope someone is keeping an eye on your iron levels (can't spell haema-wotsit) because it can make you feel really wiped out if they get low (sorry I'm probably stating the bleedin' obvious!).

I haven't really caught up with everyone else's news - sorry, this thread does rush by at a speed smile.

I've been having a rather busy and stressful time at work. I try not to work really long hours but there are times when it gets difficult not to. I don't seem to have the resiliance for them any more since I was ill though I suspect that's more to do with age than cancer. I'm looking forward to up coming bank holidays though and then a week in North Devon in the middle of June grin

waving to thenight - North Devon holiday sounds good - hang on in there.. my bloods pre-chemo are always fine and dandy-you'd think I'd be anaemic at this rate (am off to Waitrose to buy more ladies sundries-sigh)
gig is home !!!
hnd am glad horrid rough nurse wasn't this time smile

Gigondas Sun 28-Apr-13 15:35:03

Yes brewbrewwinewinewinethanksthanks as home and it is sooo good gringringringrinsmilesmile.

Waves to all .

notJenkins Sun 28-Apr-13 16:17:42

Hello all. I can't keep up with you all !

Have spent the weekend tidying cleaning and cooking. Hate house viewings now and after a week on the market am fed up with it. Just want to move like they did in rent a ghost when you held yor nose and could go wherever you wanted to.

Back to work tomorrow. Eek. I am not looking forward to it. My boss sent an email to say I have cancer and have a visible scar etcetera but I am dreading it. I am doing 2 mornings this week so it is a nice gentle return at least. It is the comments and simpering from colleagues I am dreading. I work with a lot of social wankers workers who are masters at the patronising head tilt.

Glad to see you are home gigs hope you are more comfy there.

Any ideas about our promised piss up ?

just whack any head tilters,I would.

NedSchneebly Sun 28-Apr-13 16:55:48

Yay for being home gig !!!! Great to gear that topsy's escape tunnel was not needed. . . What's next part of the plan? I think we'll need to be guided by you with regards to London meet up. We need you to be in a fit state to enjoy a nice lunch or whatever we decide to do.

NJ hope all goes ok for you tomorrow. Don't get too stabby with the patronising head tilters. Just tell them to sod off. . .

MAS sorry you're feeling rotten with pesky periods. If BCN and oncy not worried that's great but not much comfort when you have to live with it. Fingers crossed it eases off soon.

HND glad nurse ratchet showed you the respect you deserve. . . Hope DS is ok with new toileting plan? Must be stressful for you all x x x

Bloody freezing here. We've just lit the log burner. I mean, come on. This is getting silly now. . .

Sending big snuggly hugs to everyone x x x x

sandripples Sun 28-Apr-13 18:03:02

Hi - Congrats to GIgs on being home - you seemed to be in hospital a long time - I hope you're feeling comfortable, strong and its obvious you're happy to be home again - yay!

Notjenkins - good luck for your return to work. When I went back my hair was still def chemo style ie sparse, just re-growing and as I'd given up dying it , totally grey. One senior manage saw me - sort of gasped and ran away!! He's never been strong on the old interpersonal skills - but most people were great. I did find I needed a buddy who told me about lots of changes and told me who people were, that I hadn't met before I went off 10 months earlier. That was very helpful- it was just a colleague who sat near me who realised she could help me out.

Sparkle - hope you get a clear plan soon for the diagnosis.

Ashokan - which uni are you going to, and which subject? Sorry I've missed this vital info. I hope they give you a lovely room. Very exciting! (My DS is in his first year so all this feels very close as an experience)

I have strangely mixed news. My DH's aunt passed peacefully away yesterday - it had been a difficult week and she's had several crises over the past few years, so overall I think it was a relief for her sake, as well as to DH. I wasn't close to this aunt but DH is her next of kin and he's given a lot of support over the years.

We'd booked a w/e away several weeks ago, and on Friday we decided (before knowing when this death would be) that I'd still go up to a close friend's surprise birthday ceilidh in Glasgow, so I was up there yesterday - it was a brilliant do, so I'm glad I was there. And DH did the right thing in not coming too, as he was with his aunt when she died. Just a bit odd to have two such different week-ends, IYSWIM.

Best wishes to everyone.

AshokanFarewell Sun 28-Apr-13 18:29:45

Yay for gigs being home! Brilliant news smile I hope you're having a lovely time and being thoroughly spoilt. I expect little gigs is glad to be reunited with her badger as well!

MAS periods sound horrid sad I hope you feel better soon. Lots of chocolate needed!

Although you have reminded me that I haven't had one since January sad I never thought I'd be wishing for a period!

HND the whole point of going to ikea is to buy things you don't need grin I hope DS's new routine is going well

sand I'm at Reading doing environmental science. I'm meant to be on a placement year at the mo so I'll be going into my final year. Where is DS and what's he studying? I'm sorry about DH's aunt but glad that it was peaceful, and that it was the right time for her. Such a contrast in weekends though. I love a good ceilidh.

NJ I hope work goes well tomorrow, and that there are no head tilters.

Waves to everyone else I've forgotten, I hope you've all had a good weekend.

I've got a blood test tomorrow, a physio appt on Tues and appt with Dr W and infusion on Weds. Rather a medical week! smile hopefully the infusion won't make me so ill this time, I'm having half of it and with extra saline or something, and very slowly so it doesn't hurt my arm.

Sometimesiwonder Sun 28-Apr-13 19:33:26

Hi all, am back and trying to catch up again!

Hamlet was very fab, I stayed awake. Newly done out RSC is very weird, we were up in the gods sitting on bar stool type things you have to climb onto. The view is majorly obscured by a large bar and the whole thing is so uncomfy you have to stay awake or slide off your perch. The play was excellent though - some not very famous bloke caled Jonathan slinger was Hamlet, and he was very, very interesting - tragic and violent but also really funny. Hope you are al OK, am doing a proper read to check. X

sandripples Sun 28-Apr-13 19:50:51

Ashokan - my DH went to Reading (many years ago!) and has fond memories of it. DS is doing Chemical Engineering at Imperial - its very hard work! Good luck with your medical appointment s this week.

Glad you enjoyed Hamlet Sometimes - although thats eating sounds awful and to be avoided if poss. Thanks for the tip!

NedSchneebly Sun 28-Apr-13 19:56:49

ash I did my PGCE at Reading. Had a fab time there, although teaching practice in Bracknell was a little hairy at times. . . Education departments always have had a good reputation - would you stay on for PGCE there?

waves to sometimes - glad Hamlet was good,though uncomfortable !
Good luck with all those appointments ashokan
SR sorry about dh's aunt,but it does sound peaceful and nice thaty dh was with her.

sandripples Sun 28-Apr-13 20:13:32

Thanks MAS.
I hope you're feeling a bit better?

am feeling ok, just alarmed at the amount of gore- eeew !

smee Sun 28-Apr-13 20:34:03

Back home, finally. Though not nearly as important as hearing GIG's is HOME!! Excellent news. Hope you're cuddled out, Gigs and DH has cooked you something comforting and delish. smile

I went from conference to my mum and dad's as it was dad's 78th birthday. We took them out for a pub lunch and a nostalgic walk round Ludlow Castle. Was lovely. smile

Not sure what I've missed, so will do my best to catch up. Hope everyone's okay though. In the meantime, I'm hurling shower caps onto the trolley for comic effect. For some reason there were 6 in my hotel room. confused

topsyturner Sun 28-Apr-13 20:57:10

House keeping had obv been warned of your hairiness Smee ...

smee Sun 28-Apr-13 21:04:24

grin Topsy. Hair can be a little wayward it's true..

NedSchneebly Sun 28-Apr-13 21:05:59

Quick candy crush question - gig, HND, gracie and topsy - can you help? So, lots of my lovely friends have given me +3 extra moves but when I tick them from my messages, they don't appear on my level and I don't seem o get the extra moves. Is there something I am missing? confused blush

NedSchneebly Sun 28-Apr-13 21:06:40

Ooh, NJ too. Any other candy crushers I missed?!

jchocchip Sun 28-Apr-13 21:49:47

Hello lovelies. Glad to see gig is home safely smile
I try and block all games from fb, spent too long on farmville a few years ago and found it best to go cold turkey...
Weekend has gone far too fast. Could do with tomorrow at home too to catch up...
Missed the begining of Endeavour, watched a bit then missed quite a lot when Mum rang - carers done something wrong again! Going to have to watch it on iplayer, not on the pc though, they try and charge 99p!

topsyturner Sun 28-Apr-13 22:23:18

Only accepts a max of 5 lives at a time .
So if you click on all of them , you only get 5 and lose the rest !

That's for Ned btw smile

amberlight Sun 28-Apr-13 22:41:46

Weekend fab. MAS grrr re periods.
I live in Reading. Odd town.

Gigondas Mon 29-Apr-13 06:44:51

brew? It is good to be home-normal comfy beds have lot to say for them.

Ash-dss was at reading and hs gf doing her 4th year next year to so small world,

Waves at ned-topsy is the candy crush guru . I am fed up as stuck on a level.

Mas-period sounds horrid, am glad no sign of that here.

This thread is not accepting new messages.