Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications, experience, or professional qualifications of anyone posting on Mumsnet Talk and cannot be held responsible for any advice given on the site. If you have any serious medical concerns we would urge you to consult your GP.

**TAMOXIFEN 35**the all dancing,fat boy snacking and drugs thread

(1000 Posts)

yoo hoo - over here- bring the trolley...

Gigondas Sat 27-Apr-13 03:19:05

Fish finger sandwich envygrin -and we will definitely try for date you can come topsy.

Evening going ok-woken up with arm pain so waiting for drugs to kick in but as it is bruising not nerve pain this is actually good.

Ash-new bedroom sounds lovely. I can see private practice getting added to viewing list. Mind you I have no limit on viewing. -I may have watched every series of charmed sad.

I won't add to my tails of disgusting house mates -it worries me how grown up some of them are now( although on second thoughts the fact that some magic circle legal firm partners played a horrid game based around bingo and intimate bodily functions probably isn't really such a shock grin).

Amber-good to see you and hope you are having a lovely meet up.

good morning ! briefly in to say hello- must go and pick up new flipflops which postie attempted to deliver yesterday - I feel prepared footwise for the summer,should it ever really come.
I think a get together would be amazing !
gig - did dh bring you the small thing I sent ?

Gigondas Sat 27-Apr-13 09:28:32

Morning all-brew?? Feeling bit jaded as may have stayed up watching trash tv blush.

It's arrived mas but dh not brought it in yet.

topsyturner Sat 27-Apr-13 09:55:10

Morning All

Sleepover guest gone home .
DD lazing in her room .
DS still asleep .
DH at work .
Me in my pjs , watching sky+ rubbish

Perfect morning !

School spring fair this afternoon .
Think I'll make DH take the kids whilst I continue being lazy .

You still lined up for escape tomorrow Gigs ?

Gigondas Sat 27-Apr-13 10:02:25

Yep- although always cautious til actually out. Lazing here too.

AshokanFarewell Sat 27-Apr-13 10:51:23

Morning all, just popping in to say hi before hopefully going dress shopping grin we have a family party next weekend so of course I need a new outfit! My temp has gone up to 37.9 angry so just lazing around with all the windows open and hoping it comes back down!

topsy that sounds like a lovely relaxing morning

gigs had some minor technical difficulties but should have the audiobooks in the post today - sorry! Also my bag of toy stuffing has arrived grin what did you end up watching? Some of the late night stuff is grim. My dad made us watch a documentary about Turner, very boring, but he loved it.

MAS yay for new flipflops! grin

MAS - happy your BCN was helpful. Mine wasn't great, but the Macmillan phone line seemed to do the reassurance and clear info I needed. You're lucky to have it in person.

Copt - Amoeba is pretty (and they have a Canadian site!) but they only go up to D. It won't fit my remaining boob. Nicola Jane has my size! Yay!

Sometimes and Amber- enjoy your holiday!

Gigs - healing and calming vibes to you. Hope the escape goes smoothly!

Another Grey's fan here, although I've only seen the first couple seasons. I love Sandra Oh. She was the only good thing in the boy whine fest that was sideways.

I've looked up inflammatory breast cancer. Scary reading. I know I'm not a statistic, but I liked it better when my odds were 85%, not 33%.

Hope temp. comes down quickly ashokan -exciting to be dress shopping- I need to buy something pretty for my dad's 80th party grin
Am v excited as one of my cousins,can't remember how removed (my first cousin's daughter) is in a band and they've just done their first video - she's the v pretty half Malaysian girlie on guitar and keyboards...
here !

AshokanFarewell Sat 27-Apr-13 14:37:24

Thank you, my temp came down and we went shopping but couldn't find anything I liked sad I will just have to wear something I already have! Maybe some new accessories instead smile

MAS how exciting, I'll have a look at the video!

sparkle have they definitely said it's inflammatory breast cancer? I try not to Google anything as often what the docs say is completely different! Hopefully they will be able to give you a much better idea of what to expect and the various possibilities, as they will know your personal situation smile my bowel nurse said by the time they're published on websites the stats are often out of date because so much research is going on and there are so many developments in treatment.

AshokanFarewell Sat 27-Apr-13 14:38:17

PS more treats from Greggs for the trolley - chocolate eclairs this time. Hopefully the Mumsnet Police won't find me as I understand Greggs is rather frowned upon grin

Gigondas Sat 27-Apr-13 15:06:49

Dives on trolley from great height - I love greggsgrin.

If couldn't find anything out, maybe it's Internet shop time ash?

And I agree with ash that googling not your friend -my onc also says that nothing helpful and accurate there. I know that is slim comfort as it must be horribly worrying sparkle. Hand holding here.

am I right in remembering that figgy had inflmmatory ?

Copthallresident Sat 27-Apr-13 15:36:56

DH has bought two GIANT loaves from Reubens, one is a very nice fruit brioche I will leave to go with the Greggs

Sparkle Did they confirm it is inflammatory? I agree with everyone else that you should listen to Dr who knows your diagnosis and is up to date. My statistics were not nice at all, just not good enough, but friend and I did some statitistical analysis of our own and decided all the bad statistics were binge drinking deep fried mars bar eating people who did didn't go to the doctor in time. We on the other hand with our brilliant surgeons and oncs and healthy diet and supplements could not but be good statistics...even with the occasional binge drinking.

gigs Like the sound of the jade necklace trip, know just the stall in the Jade market. Can I come? I know some very good fake handbag shops too, one you have to enter through a tattoo parlour and the other you crawl through a door hidden behind a rack of Miss Kitty pyjamas. I was never really into designer stuff until I discovered the thrill of the hunt grin I have a friend who is registered blind who was rather alarmingly grabbed and dragged inside the Prada shop whilst in Rome, turned out her fake Prada hadn't actually been released in the shops yet and they thought she was guilty of industrial espionage grin They offered her the choice of all the bags in the shop by way of apology!

Just as well I didn't get my capris out, hail and wind here today sad

The Dr definitely said inflammatory. He also practically jumped out of his seat and got very serious all of the sudden - that's when he told me mastectomy and radiation were definitely on the cards. Looking it up, keeping to respectable sites smile, I seemed to be a textbook case. Significantly swollen, warm, irritated boob. Red patch covering the lower third/half (under nipple) of breast with lots of dimples so it looked like the skin of an orange. My nipple wasn't affected, but that's the only thing I didn't have. One of the sites had a photo that could have been my breast.

On the good side - the 3 lymph nodes they removed didn't have it, the symptoms appeared literally days before chemo started, and the chemo made them go away immediately. Plus, I don't like Mars bars grin

I plan to live, it's just a lot more frightening than it was.

Gigondas Sat 27-Apr-13 16:16:29

Squeezes sparkles hand -my odds are beyond crap. But there aren't many of us and none of them are me( Copt is right they all eat mars bars or are 97) so we can live scared together.

Copt- yes definitely need some help and insider knowledge. Dh good on jewellery and kids clothes (Boden excess has kept kids going for years) but not on other stuff.

offers hand too to sparkle

Offers hands and hugs to all those who need it especially sparkle, gigs, figgy and good luck to topsy and ned for forthcoming appointments.

Trying to catch up on all your posts. Three weeks back to work and I seem to have a chest infection. Feel pretty dire, no voice and a bark worse than my labrador. I found some antibiotics which I had got when on chemo but didn't take so have started those. Just typical of my office everyone comes in coughing and spluttering.

Hope everyone ok. Any sign on a release date yet gigs?

Gigondas Sat 27-Apr-13 17:13:20

Yes should be tomorrow Gracie. Sorry you are poorly tho- bet it was some annoying martyr who came in sick and spread it around.

Good news about tomorrow gigs. I'm sure big and mini gigs are excited about having you home. My office is full of martyrs, the people that really should be off come in the there are a few who take off if they sniff wrong, blooming typical

amberlight Sat 27-Apr-13 23:25:56

Sparkle, all the main data on IBC is prior to 2001, which makes it fairly meaningless. They have only just discovered the use of statins, which gives people a good five years before anything odd would happen anyway. And frankly in five years time science will probably have converted nearly all cancer into a long term nuisance.
Hugs in the meantime.
Gigs,hurrah re release date.
Brain fried during excellent but hectic girls' reunion weekend so waving to everyone else but not many words...

AshokanFarewell Sat 27-Apr-13 23:35:52

I hope everyone is having a good evening, hugs and hand squeezes to anyone who isn't smile

gracie I hope you feel better soon.

gigs counting down the hours now? I hope everything is still going to plan smile

sparkle symptoms disappearing with chemo sounds reassuring smile and the lymph nodes as well.

amber glad you're having a good time smile

Goodnight all smile

Gigondas Sun 28-Apr-13 06:57:06

brew All?

Looking forward not only to going home but are taking staples out the back of the neck.

Amber I knew you would have stat info - sounds like your weekend is lovely if intense.

gig release day !!
Hope you're having fun amber and that it's not too exhausting sensory-wise,
Hope you feel; better soon gracie too.
Have ordered bunting and lights for my dad's birthday party - v exciting.

topsyturner Sun 28-Apr-13 09:40:23

Morning All !

<heads off to Gigs room with shovel to dig escape tunnel>

Mas your dads party sounds like fun . Are there going to be lots of people ?

Amber sounds like you're having fun this weekend . No dancing on tables now grin

Any apts this week ? Anyone need an ample arse on the paranoia box ?

Gigondas Sun 28-Apr-13 11:24:02

Shoves into tunnel behind topsy- escape imminent .

This thread is not accepting new messages.