Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

high fever for 5 days.headacke - throat - ears

(17 Posts)
jaabaar Mon 22-Apr-13 16:11:52

Aww led hope u manage to recover quick... I have progressed from bed to couch! Which is a step in right direction. Enjoy sky! X

Ledkr Mon 22-Apr-13 14:21:47

Led is led on the sofa watching sky. grin not ill enough for dr but didn't go to work. Two yr old has gone to childminder.
I think mine is just a nasty cold tbh.
Glad you got sorted you should be better in no time.

jaabaar Mon 22-Apr-13 11:25:18

Just went to gp and been told off....
Have to take 4x2 250 mg antibiotic for 10 days.
Acute tonsolitis and ear infection.

And amoxillin is Never prescribed for this... That's y the telling off and waiting too long to go. Flat in bed again.

Ledkr. How r u today?..

Badvoc Mon 22-Apr-13 10:03:59

Go to the gp!

jaabaar Mon 22-Apr-13 04:41:00

I wish i could sleep....

jaabaar Mon 22-Apr-13 04:18:18

Absolute misery. Only thing i can do is lay flat in bed and you could say nearly crawl to go toilet. Out of hour gp asked me to come in but i just couldnt mke trip to hospital. Will go gp tomorrow. Still 39/40 fever.

I was alone with my 3 year old on friday.poor thing said ahe does not want to play alone. Very hard

Ledkr Sun 21-Apr-13 15:09:21

Do your kidneys ache? Mine do.

Ledkr Sun 21-Apr-13 15:08:35

Me too op. it came on last night. I was crying.
Today I'm dosed up on codeine cos dh working and nobody to have my two yr old. I am currently in soft play just to get out if the house. It was lovely and quiet and I was having a nice cuppa then three parties arrived.
Um why are you taking anti biotics? You will end up with an infection.

FarelyKnuts Sun 21-Apr-13 14:54:00

Sounds like flu. abs will not be doing much. all in our house have it and its miserable.

nellyjelly Sun 21-Apr-13 14:15:03

Did you go? What did Dr say?

jaabaar Sun 21-Apr-13 06:31:45

Thank you nelly. Jusy dont like to go unnecessary.... Thanks for the advise

nellyjelly Sun 21-Apr-13 06:28:00

Hmmmm not a good idea to take old ABs. In that case go and see GP as suggested. You may have an ear infection and need specific medication.

Didn't realise you hadn't already been to the doctor.

jaabaar Sun 21-Apr-13 06:23:24

Now husband wants to take me to out of hour gp. Dont want to go if not necessary but feel terrible. My sides hurt head ears throat

jaabaar Sun 21-Apr-13 06:21:31

Thanks. Taking paracetamol every four hours. Antibiotics was old packet i had in cupboard unused..... I just couldnt get meand dd dressed and go gp

nellyjelly Sun 21-Apr-13 06:13:14

Also does sound like flu in which case abs no good but keep takng anyway.

Hope you get better soon. I had something similar at xmas.

nellyjelly Sun 21-Apr-13 06:11:17

ABs may need longer to work. That is what doc will say. You need to take paracetamol to get temp down.

jaabaar Sun 21-Apr-13 05:59:56

I have never felt so miserable. Fever staying put at 39 to 40. Taking anribiotics for 3 days not qorking.Now my head is hurting so bad. Cant eat and sleep. My ears so painful. Shall i go to doctor?Or is it just flu.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now