Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

anybody else managed to expel a coil!

(11 Posts)
greenfolder Thu 11-Apr-13 21:45:10

Had mirena fitted in nov in the hope it would help with my ridiculous periods. When fitting dr told me I had the biggest uterus she had ever seen (helpful). Anyway bled for about 4 weeks and things settled down a bit. Periods went on for 10 days instead of the 3 but no flooding. Finished period on monday. On tuesday went to loo at work and passed a fist sized clot presumably with the coil. Then bled through a towel to the point blood was running down my legs in 5 mins. Last night passed a clot bigger than my fist-still bleeding like a trooper. Certain coil has gone but what the hell do I do next?

VivaLeBeaver Thu 11-Apr-13 21:49:45

See your gp as an emergency appt tomorrow.

How much are you still bleeding currently?

You can't carry on losing that much blood without becoming very anaemic.

greenfolder Thu 11-Apr-13 22:08:42

Still bleeding lots, hoping it will settle down, why this week in my first week in a new job?

Floralnomad Thu 11-Apr-13 22:12:58

I'm waiting to have a Mirena fitted and I'm fairly sure that my GP said that 1 in 20 fall out within the first 3 months ( or something like that)

greenfolder Thu 11-Apr-13 22:16:34

Yes I had a look at the info on the web and it says this happens in 1 in 10. I think it moved during my last period as I could suddenly feel the wires and then my body was just fed up of it. I was so hopeful it was thw answer.

Floralnomad Thu 11-Apr-13 22:18:53

Presumably you can have another one and try again .

VivaLeBeaver Thu 11-Apr-13 22:20:19

My first one came out the same day I had it put in. No bleeding, just full blown labour contractions.

My second one stayed in but made my periods really heavy.

greenfolder Thu 11-Apr-13 22:36:20

I really don't think ill have another. Was willing to allow 6 months before getting benefits but to expel it after 5 months and have to start again Is a bit much.

lydiamama Thu 11-Apr-13 22:44:42

And my doctor told me they do not really move!!! Go to the doctor ASAP, it may have open a wound on your cervis or vaginal walls on its way down, and that will make you bleed. You should not pass clots of that size during a period. I hope you get well soon

I had contractions just like viva. I preferred that experience the second time when I got an actual baby at the end of it grin

TheYoniOfYawn Thu 11-Apr-13 22:57:07

Mine came out during a period after around 4 or 5 months. I had contraction-like cramps and when I took my mooncup out, the coil was inside. I got a smaller one put in, and that one has been fine.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now