Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications, experience, or professional qualifications of anyone posting on Mumsnet Talk and cannot be held responsible for any advice given on the site. If you have any serious medical concerns we would urge you to consult your GP.

Ordinary sore throat, tonsil stone, small ulcer or something that needs checking out?

(3 Posts)
Elibean Thu 11-Apr-13 16:06:36

I occasionally get small bits of food (porridge, rice, toast crumbs) stuck on the right hand side of my throat, sort of where tonsils are (I think). I've noticed it more on and off over past few months, even mentioned it to GP once.

For the past couple of weeks or so I've also had a slight but chronic sore throat, a weird numb feeling on that side (like after burning throat with hot tea?) and 'bits' feeling too.

Not sure whether I should be asking for investigations, or just waiting...?? Tend towards HA end of spectrum, so thought I'd get a reality check but will go to GP anyway next week.

I'm 53 if that makes any difference to worry levels smile

gingeroots Thu 11-Apr-13 17:53:56

I'd see GP if I were you - they can have a look and refer you for tests if they think necessary .

Good luck .

Elibean Thu 11-Apr-13 21:44:23

Thanks, Ginger, I have an appointment on Monday. There's something about hitting 50 that seems to mean that every unexplained symptom gets me referred to consultant this or that these days.....so will anticipate another visit to ENT.

How are you keeping? Hope the whole treatment plan is going as smoothly as possible xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now