Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Can someone give an opinion on my Dad

(6 Posts)
glossyflower Thu 11-Apr-13 16:02:56

What exactly is his heart complaint?
Shortness of breath may be a sign of early heart failure - a build up of fluid around the body and in the lungs.

gingeroots Tue 09-Apr-13 22:23:12

Definitely see GP ,maybe his medication needs reviewing ?

Often elderly people do not have medication reviews ,and they really should .

My mum has good and bad days ,sometimes she's very breatheless .
The cold will make it worse .

xigris Tue 09-Apr-13 18:30:45

I really think he needs to be seen by a doctor ASAP dingit. Sudden increased breathlessness in someone with a heart condition needs investigating. Good luck! I've had my fair share of stubborn relatives

dingit Tue 09-Apr-13 17:20:02

Yes I think he does. What worries me is he had this last Xmas, and ended up in a&e.

xigris Tue 09-Apr-13 17:12:00

Is your father taking diuretics (water tablets) for his heart condition? If this is new breathlessness, especially after such a short walk then he should definitely see his doctor ASAP

dingit Tue 09-Apr-13 17:01:19

He is 74, with any ailments. He has a heart complaint and dodgy knees. He arrived at my house breathless ( 5 min level walk). He blamed it on his painful knees. I don't think that should leave him breathless. Should I nag him to go and see the doctor, he is very stubborn about it!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now