Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications, experience, or professional qualifications of anyone posting on Mumsnet Talk and cannot be held responsible for any advice given on the site. If you have any serious medical concerns we would urge you to consult your GP.

Spotting/ bleeding between periods. What to do?

(31 Posts)
Grockle Tue 09-Apr-13 02:25:04

This is a new-ish thing & I'm not sure what, if anything, I should do about it. I have recently been diagnosed with Lupus & Fribo/ ME so it may be to do with those. Or not, I don't know.

For the last 3 months, I have been bleeding between periods. Twice, it has been so much that I though my period had come early but then it stopped a day or 2 later. Often, it's not that heavy but still noticeable & lasts for days.

My periods have always been highly irregular (anything from 25 - 90+ days) but no-one has ever been concerned about that. My cycle is now around 30-35 days but I am bleeding much more heavily each time than I ever have in the past & have this extra bleeding in between as well.

mercibucket Tue 09-Apr-13 20:30:38

Hi grockle, did you have thyroid problems ruled out? I'm sorry, your name sounds familiar from the thyroid boards, and it has similar symptoms to fibro, but I can't remember what you said about the thyroid tests. Anyhow, just asking as it can be linked to hypothyroidism and the whole 'body a bit out of whack' thing.

mercibucket Tue 09-Apr-13 20:41:01

Sorry, grockle, if I have confused you with someone else! I don't want to add to your list of illnesses! Just if you had been thinking thyroid before, this would be another symptom.

mercibucket Tue 09-Apr-13 20:41:01

Sorry, grockle, if I have confused you with someone else! I don't want to add to your list of illnesses! Just if you had been thinking thyroid before, this would be another symptom.

Grockle Tue 09-Apr-13 21:31:55

I did post on a thread about dizziness & thyroid type problems a while ago... that might be where you've seen me? Apparently my thyroid is fine although I will ask them to test it again. In fact, I had blood taken today but for antibodies. I don't know what code they put for thyroid stuff?

GW297 Tue 09-Apr-13 23:13:55

I really wanted my thyroid checked but I don't think they did that. May ask next time I go.

GW297 Wed 17-Apr-13 13:28:19

I had a colposcopy this morning and didn't find it any worse than having a smear. It was all clear. Just the hysteroscopy to go now! Hope you're doing ok OP.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now