Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Chest infection and asthma. On azithyromycin and prednisolone and can't sleep. Not a blooming wink!!! Yuk am I the only freak?????

(7 Posts)
Fragglewump Mon 08-Apr-13 17:38:17

That's it really I ended up in ooh doctors as I was worried it had gone to pneumonia as I felt truly terrible but due to being allergic to lots of Antibiotics and lots of side effects from others I try to only take them for emergencies. But I couldn't breath or get out of bed due to being so tired and feeling bad and after developing a fever and being stuck in bed I got scared. So I'm on antibiotics and steroids and lots of inhaler. Things are slowly improving and I've got lots of energy - mainly mind racing energy iyswim. Last night I couldn't sleep as my mind was doing 100 miles an hour. All night!!! Ffs I think I even wrote a book in my mind between 3 and 5 am. Now terrified about tonight! Will I sleep? Even an hour would be great!!! Anyone else had this???

toonmum Mon 08-Apr-13 17:43:15

Do you have any heat lotion? I find that if I can't sleep I put some on the bottom of my feet, this gives me a good night - I wouldn't use really strong stuff though. The one I use is all natural ingredients.

hellhasnofurylikeahungrywoman Mon 08-Apr-13 17:46:23

That'll be the steroids. DD is like that when she's on them. Increased levels of blue inhaler won't be helping helping either.

Fragglewump Mon 08-Apr-13 17:55:36

Hurrah so pleased its not just me ( that sounds wrong sorry!!) toonmum - do you think Vicks on my feet would do it? Getting desperate now!!!
Hell - does she stay awake the whole time she's on them???? Eek!!!!!!

hellhasnofurylikeahungrywoman Mon 08-Apr-13 17:58:15

She has very disturbed nights that's for sure eventually exhaustion gets her and she flakes out. She takes Rescue Remedy Night and that seems to help.

magso Mon 08-Apr-13 18:07:03

I always find prednisalone makes me sleepless and hungry. I've not found a solution.

Fragglewump Thu 11-Apr-13 11:14:14

Just a quick update in case anyone finds this thread again....after the first night of hell my body seemed to get used to the steroids a bit and I was able to sleep albeit fitfully amongst coughing/wheezing fits and added insomnia but things did get better eventually!!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now