Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Getting a mole checked.

(6 Posts)
paddyclampo Sun 07-Apr-13 22:38:05

I had one go rough and itchy...had it removed and was totally benign...had another that had a ring appear round it which was also fine!

Mouseyinmyhousey Sun 07-Apr-13 20:35:30

Thanks. I know doctor is the best place but in the meantime I've been googling and reading horror stories which have scared me. Thanks for sharing its good to hear that they can be nothing, will help me sleep better tonight.

lljkk Sun 07-Apr-13 20:20:00

I had one go crusty, I picked bits off until it bled profusely. Healed up and ... nothing. Very boring. I googled like crazy and seems crusty moles can be quite normal & benign.

YellowandGreenandRedandBlue Sun 07-Apr-13 20:17:37

Yes, had a small mole which suddenly went odd, sent to hospital, all was fine.

Good luck tomorrow.

Carolra Sun 07-Apr-13 20:10:21

Yes! I have a crusty mole every year or so, always get them checked out, always nothing!! I had one growing last month, itchy and crusty, totally had it in my head that it was cancer but it wasn't!! They did remove it though cause it was so bothersome, but it was nothing. Definitely have it checked out, but try not to worry xxx

Mouseyinmyhousey Sun 07-Apr-13 20:01:53

Has anyone had a mole go a bit odd and its been ok?

A small flat mole on my arm looked as though it had a red spot next to it and it has now crusted over. I'm going to get it checked tomorrow but just hoping someone can put my mind to rest a little.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now