Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications, experience, or professional qualifications of anyone posting on Mumsnet Talk and cannot be held responsible for any advice given on the site. If you have any serious medical concerns we would urge you to consult your GP.

Sore from diarrhea

(10 Posts)
crashdoll Thu 04-Apr-13 21:20:21

I have constant diarrhea at the moment and my bottom is so sore. sad Sudocreme isn't helping nor is vaseline nor is constant showering of the area. I'm in actual pain and quite embarrassed about posting but desperate. I've googled and found a lot of info on preventing sore bottoms but not when it is this bad.

jalopy Thu 04-Apr-13 21:41:49

First off - sympathies.

Do you know why you are having constant diarrhoea? If you have no clue, that would need investigating.

It might be worth trying haemorrhoid cream. Preparation H or something similar might soothe the back entrance.

Another recommendation would be metanium cream to the surrounding outer areas. Unfortunately it stains yellow so use old knickers, but it works really well.

HTH

HazeltheMcWitch Thu 04-Apr-13 21:42:44

Oh, you poor thing.
In addition to what PP said, have you some baby wipes by the loo now?

crashdoll Fri 05-Apr-13 16:43:59

Thank you for the replies and suggestions. Baby wipes sting but I might try unscented ones again.

I've had a dodgy stomach for a long time now. I saw a gastroenterologist who suggested a colonoscopy but I have 'issues' and freaked out. I might ask to get re-referred because this is intense. blush

catmadcaz Fri 05-Apr-13 18:32:34

I get some loo roll and fold it and then put a big splodge of vaseline on it and then put it on the sore bit. This does help.

Bunbaker Fri 05-Apr-13 21:45:41

" I saw a gastroenterologist who suggested a colonoscopy but I have 'issues' and freaked out. I might ask to get re-referred because this is intense."

Please be brave and have the colonoscopy. I have had one and it didn't take long at all. You will never find out what is wrong with you unless you have the proper investigations.

memphis83 Fri 05-Apr-13 21:49:46

My ds suffers badly with a sore bum sometimes. I used to swear by metanium but now use Weleda nappy cream (from Boots) if you slap it on at night things are a lot less red an sore by morning.
Also used egg whites when forgot the cream. It takes redness out of skin and heals area well.

KurriKurri Fri 05-Apr-13 22:10:28

Go to the doctor - it might be a fungal infection, they are quite common after diarrhoea and if you have been run down generally.
They can give you something that will clear it up quickly. Honestly don't be embarrassed, - I had to have chemo a few years back - and that gives you constant diarrhoea and bum problems, and frankly I'd much rather talk about it/show someone my bum than put up with pain, - it's miserable.

I've had two colonoscopies, and really they were fine, every one is very caring and respectful of your dignity, and they are over fairly quickly. (Actually they often offer a sedative, so you'd probably have very little idea of what was going on anyway).

I hope you feel better soon.

bigbluebus Sun 07-Apr-13 17:33:13

Ask your GP for Cavilon barrier cream. (don't think you can get it without prescription). It was recommended for my DD by the hospital tissue viability nurse when DD had bowel problems caused by I/V anti-biotics. It forms a protective film on the skin and is invisible. Tissue viability nurse told me not to use Sudocrem ever!

crashdoll Sun 07-Apr-13 21:45:06

I am so much better since I ditched the sudocreme. I am still sore but I can sit down etc and it's only annoying rather than bloody painful. Loads of vaseline and unscented baby wipes seems to be helping.

I will still mention it to the doctor though, as I have an appt anyway. Thanks again for the advice. Good old MN!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now