Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Weird (not painful) throbbing in head and feel awful.

(15 Posts)

* UPDATE * I went to GP today and have something called BPPV, it seems to be a bit like labyrinthitis only with a different cause, I also have slightly low blood pressure that drops when I stand up.

Thank you again!

Hopefully! Feeling a little better now though and BIL and SIL have taken DS for a night or 2. smile

4nomore Mon 01-Apr-13 15:00:34

Pleased you're ok, hopefully soon you'll be feeling better too

Went to MA last night as had what looked like a show. That turned out to be cervical ectopy which is harmless but was bloody scary.

My BP was 105/64 and heartrate was 104 so it seems fine and must be viral.

Thank you!

Well DS started with an ear infection, so you could be right? Bloody hideous whatever it is.

Will se GP tonight, even a nurse would be fine tbh. I do get recurrent UTIs and I think you can get headaches and weird stuff with them?

Have been taking Aspirin, I don't like paracetamol.

Elibean Sun 31-Mar-13 17:45:27

Could be labyrinthitis, there's a fair bit around at the moment - inner ear virus, I think?

dh has been like this, and a friend too - though the seeing shadows part sounds more like migraine, tbh.

Do rest, above all else, as much as you possibly can. Take paracetamol if head hurts, and see the doctor (given that you're pg!) asap.

4nomore Sun 31-Mar-13 17:20:33

Think that's probably for the best, with any luck it might be nothing and if you know that's the case then you'll be a bit more relaxed which might help you to shake your symptoms.

I did tell them, I told them I had been seeing shadows and feeling like the walls were closing in on me and have been very dizzy, I think she thought it was a migrane, she said that's what it kind of sounds like. confused

I couldn't get the BP done as the chemist didn't have anyone working today who were trained to do it. hmm

Tried a quick walk round Asda there (that's where the chemist is) and feel awful now.

We have people coming for dinner, my Uncle who drives will be here so I can ask him to take me to OOH for a quick check.

4nomore Sun 31-Mar-13 15:03:09

Did you tell them that you've been experiencing visual disturbance? They usually take that very seriously if you're pregnant. I'd try again with your maternity team, I think someone should give you a check-over

I can't Tabby, I'm 23+ weeks pregnant so can't really take anything too strong. Phoned Maternity Assesment last night and they told me to drink lots of water and take painkillers, it hasn't helped and I have taken an anti emetic.

tabbycat15 Sun 31-Mar-13 13:19:43

It could be a migraine. Get some Motilium 10 & the strongest pain killers you can get OTC. Hope you feel better soon.

Thanks btw. smile

My BP is normally on the low side. I really don't want to call NHS direct as they wont give me advice, they'll just send me to OOH or A+E and because it's a holiday the wait will be horrid and I'll likely be told it's a virus and sent away anyway.

I'm just frustrated as it is literally driving me mad and I can't do anything about it as painkillers would be pointless as it isn't painful. sad

Januarymadness Sat 30-Mar-13 18:16:03

there are a few things that could be. boptical migrane (would prob be more painful though) high blood pressure? virus. Call nhs direct and get some professional advice.

Hope you are better soon

Feel like I haven't been out of the health section this week but I need some advice.

Since late afternoon yesterday I have had a horrid weird throbbing in the front left side of my head, it's not painful but it still horrible enough to mean I can't really do anything.

I also started seeing things last night, mainly shadows and for a second thinking I had seen something I was looking at move, I know it couldn't have though and also feeling a bit like the room was closing in on me, a bit like being very very drunk or if you have taken lots of very strong painkillers. I feel really dizzy too and have been sick a few times.

Is this just a virus? DS has had a virus for the past 2 weeks but no one else has caught it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now