Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

INVISALIGN- what does it really feel like in your mouth?

(6 Posts)
Eastpoint Tue 09-Apr-13 15:57:54

Great side effect is weight loss - most of my adult friends have lost about a stone while on it.

saycheeeeeese Tue 09-Apr-13 11:28:41

The first week was tough going but after that it was fine.

My DP had this done....he got used to it really quickly - he had it for a similar time as you will need it for. If we ever stopped for something to eat while we were out he had to take it out and wrap it in tissue, but he just went off to the loo to remove it before he ate and again afterwards.

The results for him were absolutely amazing. He now has a perfect smile, not a tooth out of place, I'd never have believed it would be possible before and was quite unsure about it, but it was so worth it.

BagWoman Sat 30-Mar-13 16:32:31

Really????smile

dancemom Sat 30-Mar-13 15:38:57

After a few days you don't even notice it!

BagWoman Sat 30-Mar-13 15:33:58

I am pretty close to deciding to go ahead with an invisible brace IF the orthodontist says it will work.

But- what does it feel like having a piece of plastic in your mouth 22 hrs a day?

I've had my teeth whitened with home tray system and if Invisalign feels like those I doubt I could hack it for 2 years- been told by one dentist that's how long I'd need.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now