Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications, experience, or professional qualifications of anyone posting on Mumsnet Talk and cannot be held responsible for any advice given on the site. If you have any serious medical concerns we would urge you to consult your GP.

Tamoxifen 34 *the power of Sauron*

(989 Posts)

new thread !!!

Thanks for the link Copt! Will have a goo clock at it now!

waving to all- have the fabbest weekend dear topsy and am pleased to hear that little ned's teeth are strong and doing well grin
My joke book (that of the many,many illustrations) is officially published today ! There's a dedication meant for all you lovely ladies in the front-to say thank you for your support and friendship - a bit secret as I didn't want to out us smile Will put a pic of it on my profile asap. xxxx

KurriKurri Fri 12-Apr-13 14:01:22

Aw MAS - that dedication is lovely - you mean the world to us all too smile I will definitely buy a copy of the joke book, - hope there's plenty of rude jokes in there grin

topsy have a fab weekend, do not fall out of bed again though grin

copt - have a great time in Barcelona - hope it turns out to be a relaxing break, despite the possibility of tensions. Maybe getting away from usual surroundings will help smile

am off to look properly at that site - it looks good.

waving to all.

blush

Gigondas Fri 12-Apr-13 16:25:25

Still stuck in fucking hospital- no sign of any dr. Am beyond pissed off and angry. Tempted to check myself out but they have all my drugs. Don't know whether to cry or screamangrysad. Seems to have escaped them that way they treat me isn't doing my anxiety or bp much good.

Sorry about self indulgent post- nice to read about people's good weekend plans and books looks lovely mas

KurriKurri Fri 12-Apr-13 16:58:18

Gig sadsad and [very] angry for you - this whole hospital experience has been pretty shitty for you in one way and another. Is there any of your family around or coming in soon who can put a rocket up them for you?
I would hazard a guess that if you say you are going to discharge yourself, someone will turn up with the drugs fairly swiftly.

Gigondas Fri 12-Apr-13 17:09:24

Kurri- that is exactly what happened. So may be late (waiting on drugs and last jab) but should be out.

Yes it's not been great . Looks like op in different hospital which may not be a bad thing. This is fantastic place if you are super poorly, but if you aren't (quite rightly) you get bumped down priorities . This isn't ideal for care .

KurriKurri Fri 12-Apr-13 17:11:42

Ah - that's good, at least you will be going home tonight smile (and hopefully reasonably soon)

Poor Gig, it is hard to be left waiting for them to sort themselves out! Hope you are out soon.

MAS - what a lovely dedication! I can't wait to read the book!

oh gig that all sounds pretty awful sad but home at last will be good...would offer you violent creams only T has scoffed the last ones

Gigondas Fri 12-Apr-13 18:41:16

Naughty t. Waiting on taxi now.

jchocchip Fri 12-Apr-13 19:24:32

Glad you are getting out, gig

mas that is lovely.

I have a big bag of thorntons misshapes for the trolley don't let me eat too many!

Gigondas Fri 12-Apr-13 20:44:47

Home now- feel loads better for it. Pass me a misshape grin.

Need to recuperate for big op next week as am only 1m into the 6m dollar rebuild all new gig

thegreylady Fri 12-Apr-13 20:58:47

Glad you are home gigs.I'll be thinking of you next week x
Love to everyone especially those having a hard time at the moment.

jchocchip Fri 12-Apr-13 21:07:26

<passes bag of 'shapes to gig> glad you are home smile

hooray for gig !
I have seen Topsy* and hnd on facebook...

amberlight Fri 12-Apr-13 21:49:07

MAS that's a lovely bit of wording smile
Gigs, hurrah that you are home at last! Have a nice wine to help boost you for next week. Plenty more for everyone else too.

NedSchneebly Fri 12-Apr-13 22:03:10

Great news that you're home gig - you definitely deserve wine tonight. Take care and build up your strength for the next bit of bionicalling. Hope you have good drugs for any pain and that you have a great night's sleep.

I dread to think what topsy and HND are up to this evening. . .

smee Fri 12-Apr-13 22:40:33

Back in time for tales of debauchery from Topsy and HND. Excellent! smile

Gigs, so glad you're back. I will read back and find out the full story, but sounds like stage one has been a bit of a haul. Hugs from me. Rest up and get lots of cuddles in with the mini Gigs. Worth more than drugs am sure. xx smile

wine for all. Will catch up and be back soon. smile

topsyturner Sat 13-Apr-13 03:32:12

Smee !!!!!!
Welcome home from the land of toucans ?
I fear I may be the last man standing in topsy ville tonight grin

It has been fab having my ladies here
And tomorrow we're actually going out in public !!!
Gigs rest safely at home x
Maybe you'll get a trip to tesco yet !

Passing out time for me ...

Gigondas Sat 13-Apr-13 07:56:10

3.33? You lot were having a good time gringrin

Feel lots better for being home and kids were pleased to see me so that was lovely.

Yay for smee being back- was it good? Yes this week been bit traumatic but done- think if has said it would be big deal, few days in hospital I would have dealt with it better. But home now to rest up.

Love the dedication mas and big gig loves the book.

hope you've had some rest gig and topsy and hnd in preparation for going out !
and smee - so lovely to have you back, hope you had a fab time !!

Copthallresident Sat 13-Apr-13 09:01:13

My goodness it is all kicking off in Topsy and hnd land, see the prosthesis was thrown across the table, always a sign, like losing an earing wink

"gigs" glad you are home and feeling better

jchoc a major expert on bipolar after almost ten years now of spectacular manic highs and terrible lows of friend, she has been stable a couple of years now but only with elephant doses of huge cocktail of drugs , and now really too fuzzy to even realise she is fuzzy IYSWIM . Well done for managing without medication. The Manic Depression Fellowship are brilliant on that, they have a website but as they are run by MDs for MDs have been fantastically helpful, and friend now involved herself.

Now rushing out to get yellow 4 wheelers girls saw in goerdie shore <worried>

smee Sat 13-Apr-13 13:28:40

Gigs, have just read back. All sounded horrid, not least the pain. ((((hugs))) Glad you're safe and home. xx

Yes am back from land of Toucans. Costa Rica - did anyone guess that? Was wondrous and all thanks to the Tax man. grin I was extraordinarily brave, so held a Tiger Rattle Snake and zip wired down through 9 zip lines through the rain forest. Think 500 foot up. I have no idea what possessed me, but I thought of all of you! Also thought of you all from the hotel jacuzzi outdoors overlooking a volcano, so you were there with me in spirit. smile

MAS, congratulations on your book. It looks just up DS's street, so will get it from Amazon for his birthday. How are you feeling?? Hope okay. xx

Kurri, sorry you've been having a tricky time with DH. Hope you've wrestled him away from the game by now. Must be hard when he gets so locked in. xx

Hoping Copt has a DH on form in Barcelona. My what is it with these men?! hmm

Sounds like you've been having a really tricky time too, Jane. Hope you're okay. sad

Ned, are you back at school yet? Does this term feel less stressful now you've had a run at it? Good to hear DS's teeth are coming along. smile

No news from Topsy or HND today then? Wonder if they're still waking up. grin

Waving a hello to Notjenkins. Don't think we've met, but nice to meet you. smile

I can't possibly post to all, but hope you're all as well as we can be. Pouring Costa Rican coffee and freshly squeezed orange juice onto trolley for you all. Plus platefuls of fresh fruit and chocolate. mmmm.. smile

Gigondas Sat 13-Apr-13 17:23:01

Smee that sounds awesome smile. Am jealous about zip line and volcanic jacuzzi.

Am so happy to be out- had normal day (and even made chocolate loaf for trolley) . Just proves that being in hospital and over medicated (my own fault but why I let them give me morphine when I had a bit of a stiff neck yesterday Mornjng is beyond me angry).

Am planning nice few days at home before back for 2 week stint for rebuild. Dh off for part of that which is nice.

Am envy about copthall, hnd and topsys plans. How is everyone else?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now