Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications, experience, or professional qualifications of anyone posting on Mumsnet Talk and cannot be held responsible for any advice given on the site. If you have any serious medical concerns we would urge you to consult your GP.

Asbestos exposure... Help!

(3 Posts)
lilasimpson Sat 23-Mar-13 20:49:42

I have had the whole house done up, including the garage by check a trade builders... Being very new to all this, I have been very ignorant regarding asbestos... It is only when talking to my neighbour that she said the garage roof looked like it had asbestos... I am so worried as no precaution was taken for removal, not 100 per cent sure it was but when I googled it the roof looked like asbestos... I am worried sick!! I have two young kids and am in my late 20s

Zippadidooda Sat 23-Mar-13 21:47:58

My dp knows about these things. Just asked him and he says no worries because 1. That type of asbestos (white) is low risk, and also will be cement product so even lower risk,
2. Garage roof so well ventilated.
He is totally paranoid, so I think you can relax!

lilasimpson Sun 24-Mar-13 09:07:44

Oh thank u so much zippadidooda!! I can be more relaxed... I know it does not mean all safe but not completely unsafe! Thank u!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now