Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications, experience, or professional qualifications of anyone posting on Mumsnet Talk and cannot be held responsible for any advice given on the site. If you have any serious medical concerns we would urge you to consult your GP.

Periods from hell

(5 Posts)
noddyholder Sat 23-Mar-13 14:38:25

My periods are very regular 28 days on teh nose never deviates. I have always suffered from pms sore boobs bloating moods etc for about 3 days and relief as soon as it starts. In the last 4 months this has changed and the pmt is not bad at all and sometimes non existent but as soon as the period starts I am all over the place exhausted light headed and shaky and a bit fluey. been to doc as am 47 and thinking menopause but he says no Had blood tests and all 'levels' still normal in his opinion plus actually periods unchanged. I am in a real state today and feel like just going to bed til its over!

noddyholder Sat 23-Mar-13 15:52:35

bump for anyone who may have been through similar smile

janx Sat 23-Mar-13 19:58:29

I could have written this post - are you anaemic? I had blood test the other day and my iron levels are really low

Teahouse Sat 23-Mar-13 20:03:20

I have ablation surgery...it was a life saver. I now have no lining to my womb and have only 4 bleeds in 18 months, and those my GP thinks will go when they change my HRT.

I needed a few weeks off work after the surgery but only because I got a mld infection...normally 10 days will see to fine. I really can recommend this surgery. My periods were so bad I was struggling to work and on occasions was out when suddenly my skirt would be soaked with blood; no real warning apart from a sharp pain.
Good luck

noddyholder Sat 23-Mar-13 20:17:18

I don't think I am anaemic am b12 deficient but have injections for that although may need it checked. I am not bleeding heavily just normal its just how I feel I feel so ill. Today I have been staggering around in a real state Same the last 3 or 4 months.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now