Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

JOINTS...ow.

(7 Posts)
AllPurposeNortherner Fri 22-Mar-13 23:10:29

Is anyone else having joint pain in this stupid weather? I often get pelvis pain because of spd when I was pregnant, and sometimes pain in my fingers, but OW, even my toes are hurting today. Must be the weather.

Wrists, fingers, shoulders, pelvis, knees, toes. I feel like an old woman and I'm 28. Deep heat did nothing except make my skin red, ibuprofen only touches the edges of the pain,

It;s not severe, as in I can still move and (obviously) type etc, but it is very sore, like I have been weightlifting or something.

Sulk.

it has been deep snow and I haven't felt like this - is it maybe the humidity or wind?

AllPurposeNortherner Fri 22-Mar-13 23:17:26

Elbows. forgot elbows.

Any tips for helping the pain?

(very) warm bath. Or shower. It helps me with my crappy arthritic joints.

You can take paracetamol or co-codamol alongside the ibuprofen.

If you've got an electric blanket, jump into bed with it on too. The heat should help.

livealoha Fri 22-Mar-13 23:22:46

Sorry to hear you are suffering sad

I was recently diagnosed with RA and my saving grace for my very sore joints is dead seat salt in a 20 minute hot bath every day.

(I know where do you find the time right?! but its works if you can)

Hope you feel better soon

BabyFaker Fri 22-Mar-13 23:22:52

Try vitamin D

Fanjango Fri 22-Mar-13 23:26:24

I'm trying Lloyds Cream at the moment that I bought from boots. Really fed up with this weather, I have been looking forward to sprind and these aches to go. No sign of either is just depressing, and don't talk to me about elbows sad reaching into cupboards has become a neew form of torture this year.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now