Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Mirena - I know it's overdone but has anyone else felt really awful three weeks after it has been taken out?

(11 Posts)
peedoffbird Fri 22-Mar-13 19:22:49

I had my mirena taken out three weeks ago and I feel awful. I feel bone tired. I feel anxious, low in mood and nauseous in the morning and I hate everyone and everything! Joking aside, it's not good and it's either the downturn from the mirena or there is something else going on.

Has anyone experienced this?

peedoffbird Fri 22-Mar-13 19:56:37

Anyone!?

peedoffbird Sat 23-Mar-13 06:02:43

bump

AndMiffyWentToSleep Sat 23-Mar-13 06:11:27

I don't remember this happening. Could you call your family planning clinic to see whether they have any advice?

peedoffbird Sat 23-Mar-13 06:17:06

Thanks Miffy I will. It may be something else. I have a tiring and stressful job and some other worries so may be that.

Dexidoo Sat 23-Mar-13 06:19:55

I had an almighty hormone crash a few weeks after mirena removal, felt like PMT x100 for a couple of weeks until my period/withdrawal bleed arrived then felt much better

peedoffbird Sat 23-Mar-13 08:14:24

Dexidoo did you feel really low? I feel spoken depressed this morning that I don't want to get out of bed. I feel so sick and tired and tearful and I'm getting a bit worried now. I've already had a period. I have heard about the crash you can have and I'm hoping it's this and it will pass. I nearly fainted at work yesterday too

peedoffbird Sat 23-Mar-13 08:15:06

So not spoken!

Dexidoo Sun 24-Mar-13 09:07:04

It was bad. I luckily had a weeks annual leave with the worst of it spent most of it in bed weepy. Had to really bite my tongue around DH as I knew I was the one being irrational & horrible.

If it hasn't improved in a week I'd see your GP. Mine suggested taking norethisterone to provoke a withdrawal bleed but decided i didn't want to add more hormones and stuck it out. As it was my cycle returned fairly quickly.

peedoffbird Sun 24-Mar-13 09:12:51

Dexi that's how I feel. I have had a period already though. It was very heavy and clotty. Dp and I had a big row last night because of the way I've been. I just don't seem to care about anything at the moment and am struggling to do all I have to. Hope it sorts itself soon.

peedoffbird Mon 25-Mar-13 10:58:28

Been to the docs this morning. gave me the old spiel about mirena only local to the womb! Said it was a consequence and I am having a full battery of blood tests next week!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now