Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications, experience, or professional qualifications of anyone posting on Mumsnet Talk and cannot be held responsible for any advice given on the site. If you have any serious medical concerns we would urge you to consult your GP.

...anyone tried juicing to help their health issues?

(4 Posts)
Icantstopeatinglol Fri 22-Mar-13 13:41:17

Just wondering if anyone has tried juicing to relieve symptoms of any illness they have?
I've got psoriasis and psoriatic arthritis and nearly at the end of my tether so willing to try anything!

ApplyYourself Fri 22-Mar-13 15:13:07

It won't make the slightest bit of difference I'm afraid. Yes, the juice will contain vital vitamins and minerals, but in general you're better off eating the fruit or veg in its natural state .

Anyone who tells you that this will make a difference to the conditions you describe is talking bollocks. Snake oil I'm afraid

OhDearieDearieMe Fri 22-Mar-13 23:09:40

Please consider giving up all sugar as far as you are able to do so. I'm not saying it will cure you but it certainly did me. Fruit juice is ridiculously high in sugars (not refined, obviously, but sugars nonetheless). Do some Internet research on the 'Paleo' diet. Good luck!

Icantstopeatinglol Sun 24-Mar-13 20:25:26

Thanks ohdear, I'll definitely look into that. I'm desperate to try something other than steroids etc as I'm fed up with them now.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now