Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications, experience, or professional qualifications of anyone posting on Mumsnet Talk and cannot be held responsible for any advice given on the site. If you have any serious medical concerns we would urge you to consult your GP.

WISDOM TOOTH GROWIN!!!

(9 Posts)
Meganlillymai Thu 21-Mar-13 18:26:23

So my wistom teeth are coming through i can just feel the corner of it and its slightly painfull but not all the time. i noticed today a sort of slice in my tong? it looks like its the side of my tooth is causing it and its a bit tender. its not an open wound more looks like an imprint! lol anyone had this or is this normal????

bizzey Sat 23-Mar-13 23:07:42

Megan...just seen this ....I was in the same position quite a few years ago ..1 W tooth was coming through and dentist and I left it to see how it went ..(.I now know what babies feel when they are teething !!

I use to chew on hard crusts of bread !...Any how yes it did irritate my tongue and gave me a ?little mouth ulcer/blister on the side of my tongue .

I persevered as I did not want the whole Wisdom teeth extraction drama...but when I went back to the dentist he said it had to come out as it was not getting cleaned properly ..too far back ..and would cause me more probs with infections and stuff so ...out it came

It was fine ..because it was already through it was the same as a "normal"tooth extraction..not they were not digging into my gum for it so to speak .

Deff try and get it taken out ...we don't need them according to my dentist .

Good luck !

Having had lots of wisdom teeth (6!!) I would say this is normal. Think of a child teething, its uncomfortable, sometimes painful, and there's stuff in your mouth you're not used to being there. I often had tongue sores when they came through. Get a good antibacterial mouthwash and use it daily x

tb Sun 24-Mar-13 15:35:33

Teething gel or rinstead pastilles help too.

Meganlillymai Sun 14-Apr-13 17:10:24

Well tooths no further through but now I have a pain under my ear that travels to my jaw??? Wondering if its related to my wisdom tooth?

K8eee Sun 14-Apr-13 19:23:57

Megan yep it is more than likely your wisdom tooth am sorry to say! I know your pain currently in the same situationsad

Meganlillymai Sun 14-Apr-13 22:06:50

Aw I thought it was my lymph nodes. It's only when I stretch my jaw wich made me think more of it being my wisdom tooth. One is though the other has broke the skin and on the other side it's just cutting the gum.... Annoying !!

K8eee Mon 15-Apr-13 11:56:41

Argh it's horrible isn't itsad since my wisdom teeth have been growing my jaw clicks a lot, not all the time though. Hope it eases off for you, I have a nice dose of bulbous swelling where one of them is trying to break through hmm

Meganlillymai Thu 18-Apr-13 20:26:29

It's just the pain infront of my ear that's bothering me now. Eased a bit though thank god

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now