Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Spondylitis

(8 Posts)
ripsishere Fri 22-Mar-13 01:46:05

I have it in my neck. When it is really bad, I use a TENS machine.

mandmsmummy Wed 20-Mar-13 22:32:38

Thanks shitmagnet

I've had the blood test and it was negative, and other blood tests all fine. I just wanted to know a bit about it generally. Was worried it was physically not good for the future? X

shitmagnet Wed 20-Mar-13 13:54:50

AS, not HS

shitmagnet Wed 20-Mar-13 13:54:34

You can also have the HLA-B27 genetic test for AS (95% folk with HS have this halotype), your GP should be able to order it if you have a long wait for rheumatology. Were your other markers raised, esr, crp, rf...?

shitmagnet Wed 20-Mar-13 13:52:48

Hopefully you don't have too long to wait, but really the rheumatologist is the channel you will get answers (I have RA). Met a recently dx 40yo chap in my infusion clinic with ank spond this week, he's doing really well on bios (remicade). Also my dermy's brother has AS, also on bios (humira). Do you have any specific questions?

mandmsmummy Wed 20-Mar-13 08:22:09

Bump please! X

mandmsmummy Tue 19-Mar-13 18:42:58

Bump

mandmsmummy Tue 19-Mar-13 14:46:08

Can I have some info please?
History is,
Lower back pain since jan 2012, worse during night and being still, can twinge when first moving, 37 years old. Sometimes achy top of foot.
MRI scan shows possible imflammatory spondylitis and being referred to rheumatology.
Any advice please? X

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now