Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Chicken pox scar throbbing after 15 years

(5 Posts)
janpa Mon 18-Mar-13 20:46:55

Had chicken pox in my 30s and one of the scars (on my scalp) has recently started to really throb. It hurts when I brush my hair, if I pull my hair back to wear it up and just when I'm out and about. I could take an asprin, or similar, and it doesn't hurt enough to see a doctor, but I just want to know why it's hurting and what I can do about it. Thank you.

HazeltheMcWitch Mon 18-Mar-13 23:22:08

Gosh, never heard of this before!
HAs the feel of it changed: is it bumpier than before?
Is it possible that you've caught it?

higgle Tue 19-Mar-13 11:55:55

I wonder if the Herpes virus is active again in the nerve - sort of mini shingles?
DH had this happen on his leg when he started to ride and the rubbing against the seam of his breeches seemed to be the trigger.

janpa Tue 19-Mar-13 17:30:29

It's exactly the same as always, not bumpy. When the pox fell off, it left me with a little bald patch and it's there it's sore. I don't feel unwell and am sure it's nothing, but just wondered if it had happened to anyone else.

lljkk Tue 19-Mar-13 17:47:02

Sorry, never heard of that, but weirder things can happen.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now