Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

my feet are AGONY and its not plantar facillitis

(12 Posts)
topsi Tue 19-Mar-13 17:32:54

gout? my friend has been diagnosed and she is in her 20's?

TheAccidentalEgghibitionist Mon 18-Mar-13 20:17:56

How about asking to be referred to the NHS Pod as well as asking for bloods to be taken.
BTW it could be plantar fasciiitis, it can cause whole foot pain and inflammation. Frequently recurs and can feel different each time. This is still the most likely cause I'm afraid.

NeoMaxiZoomDweebie Mon 18-Mar-13 19:51:34

I can't afford a private podiatrist...I'll have to see the GP.

TheAccidentalEgghibitionist Mon 18-Mar-13 19:16:14

Go and see a Podiatrist, they should be able to pin it down and refer you on if necessary.

Kormachameleon Mon 18-Mar-13 15:13:47

Well mine has been very debilitating

I've gone from very active to pretty much unable to walk more than a few steps , can't hold a cup, chop a vegetable etc

However, the consultant said I am a very severe case

Lots of people are only slightly affected, there is lots of support and threads on here, have a look through for more info

Gp is first step though, good luck x

NeoMaxiZoomDweebie Mon 18-Mar-13 14:52:30

Korma how debilitating is arthritis? My sister has it too...

Kormachameleon Mon 18-Mar-13 10:16:36

Sorry but that's how my athritis started

Off to gp with you, hope it's nothing x

CoteDAzur Mon 18-Mar-13 10:11:29

It doesn't sound like tendinitis - all over both feet sound like something more systemic like inflammation, arthritis, etc.

crashdoll Mon 18-Mar-13 09:57:42

Could it be tendonitis? Are you particularly active/sporty?

NeoMaxiZoomDweebie Mon 18-Mar-13 09:03:55

My wrists do hurt but I usually put that down to my job...I'm at a keyboard a LOT.

Thanks for the input ShitMagnet....or can I call you Shitty? grin

shitmagnet Mon 18-Mar-13 05:05:28

well if the pain isn't elsewhere e.g. hands, it's not likely to be RA... however the "walking on bags of glass" is exactly how my RA feet felt (was also preceeded by bouts of plantar fasciitis). GP will likely check for systemic inflammation (ESR, CRP, RF, maybe anti-CCP). You may be sent for scans of your feet. Good luck, I hope it gets sorted ASAP... it's a horrible feeling and very immobilising :-(

NeoMaxiZoomDweebie Sun 17-Mar-13 22:38:19

ican barely stand....its been getting worse for about 4 weeks. i know its not plantar facillits as i had that a couple of years ago. i lost weight and it went away....my weight is fine now...im 40, weigh 10 stone and am 5,7 feet hurt all over and the botttheoms burn......the tops feel sortof "broken' if that makes sense...like my foot has been crushed in a vice. allover but for the toes! l will seeg gp but what can it be? dreading tomorow....

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now