Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

If your DH had D&V would you share a bed with him tonight?

(8 Posts)
ilovesprouts Sun 17-Mar-13 20:20:44

id sleep in the spare room.

Snowgirl1 Sat 16-Mar-13 22:26:52

I really don't want to catch it. 14 month old DD has had it for a week and we've both already had to share taking a week of work to look after her. If I do down with it, I know I'll end up having to look after DD while I'm ill as DH is a real wuss and will claim he's suffering more than me and that he couldn't possibly look after DD. That's decided then, I'm in the spare room tonight.

mrsfollowill Sat 16-Mar-13 22:09:57

In our house the 'well' person moves to the spare room and leaves the other festering. Only if really ill though- if he is well enough to just sleep we still stay in together. I figure if you're gonna catch it you will anyway. If up and down all night to the bathrooom- then I'm in the spare room with the door shut.

Works differently for 'self induced' puking though- if he has been out drinking and is going to snore/crash round/puke (does this maybe once a year before anyone says LTB) then he is in the spare room with a helpful bucket left at the side grin

Snowgirl1 Sat 16-Mar-13 22:06:45

I think I will relocate to the spare room. As well as being at risk of catching the lurgy (DH caught it from DD), I think DH is going to be up and down to the bathroom all night. I've only just put clean sheets on the bed sad

Chubfuddler Sat 16-Mar-13 22:01:41

Ill person should sleep safe and sound. Although I shared bed with DH when he had swine flu and I was pregnant, as there was nowhere else to sleep other than sofa.

PoppyWearer Sat 16-Mar-13 21:58:56

I would move out as sheets etc in your room will need hot wash. Let your OH sleep in the lurgy-laden pit.

bulletproofgerbil Sat 16-Mar-13 21:55:50

I would volunteer to relocate to the spare room. I think DH may be hot and bothered and restless and not sure either of you would get much kip in the same bed. Hope he's better tomorrow and that no-one else succumbs.

Snowgirl1 Sat 16-Mar-13 21:48:09

And if not, who should move out to the spare room? Ill DH, or me?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now