Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

So fed up

(4 Posts)
BrigitBigKnickers Sat 16-Mar-13 10:53:43

Poor you!

I have been through periods where I have endless painful coldsores. I use Fenestil cream (you can buy it online- the active ingredient is pencyclovir) and find it far more effective than zovirax.

I was also prescribed anti viral tablets by the doctor. A two month course really seemed to lessen the attacks and now I just take them when I feel the tingle and it seems to chase them away very quickly.

The jaw pain is also something I have suffered with. My dentist made me a gum sheild which I wear in bed and it softens the grinding and lessens the pain.

Oh Tiny that sounds horrible, and tiring. sad I did red somewhere that those electronic coldsore zapper things are good would it be worth a try?

DH gets coldsores and it makes him really down. (((((hugs)))))

gingeroots Sat 16-Mar-13 10:35:54

>>>hugs<<<

You poor thing ,no wonder you're fed up ! Sounds awful .

Have you looked at recent thread on here about mouth ulcers ? Maybe some tips ?

Hoping things ease for you soon .

Tiny12 Sat 16-Mar-13 10:18:57

As the subject says I'm so fed up!
I'm not even 40, have rheumatoid arthritis and I constantly get cold sores which are excruciating to the extreme that my whole side of my face aches for days then left with this unsightly scab on my lip. Also I am attending hospital because I have TMD (temporomandibular joint disorder) through grinding my teeth in my sleep and I am waiting on an appointment for an MRI scan.
Sorry for the rant but I've had enough! sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now