Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

little scab on leg

(7 Posts)

hi, I have a tiny little scab on the back of my leg which won't go away. It has been there for over a year. Does anyone have any idea what this could be, is it something I should go to the Dr about?

DP laughed at me when I told him I was worried about it as it is so tiny. And I do have a habit of deciding that every ache or pain is cancer, so I don't want to be laughed out of the Drs surgery.

digerd Mon 11-Mar-13 19:02:11

What is the colour of it?

Pop to GP. Back of leg is a common place for nasties, and he/she certainly won't laugh at you.

digerd Mon 11-Mar-13 19:09:12

I had a scabby type mole which was big and very black. It turned out to be a melanoma.

Some years later back in UK, I went to GP with a small black crusty thing on my back. He sent me to the hospital, and it turned out to be a BLACK HEAD.

So embarrassing, but better to be sure than sorry, as the wise saying goes.

thanks for replying, it's white

digerd Tue 12-Mar-13 07:41:06

You are up late, mrsbugs!

Melanomas are not white, as far as I am aware. Sure it's not a warty thing?
There is a skin cancer which is benevolent, in that it is not dangerous, goes nowhere and does nothing.
Not sure what colour that is - but is absolutely nothing to worry about.
BIL had one

AgathaF Tue 12-Mar-13 07:51:35

Get it checked by your GP. No point worrying about it and not going.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now