Joint webchat with Conservative and Labour housing minister and shadow housing minister, MONDAY 2 MARCH 1pm x

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Reflux or gallbladder ?

(36 Posts)
Runwayqueen Sat 09-Mar-13 01:04:11

I'm on omoprozole (sp) for what my gp has suggested is reflux. I thought I had got the reflux under control but in the last four weeks I've had 3 bouts of severe pain. It's much more intense than the pain I've associated with the reflux, and it happens regardless of taking the omoprozole. A colleague has suggested possible gallbladder issue, as the pain is so much more intense, and along with the severe bouts I've also been in discomfort with although much more mildly. Pain is accompanied by vomiting.

Anybody had anything similar?

Runwayqueen Sat 06-Apr-13 21:57:16

Well I was told 1-2week wait for results but got a call from gp asking me to go in Monday morning, so will find out then.

Wedges not to repeated sad

Runwayqueen Mon 08-Apr-13 18:08:36

Gallstones confirmed today.

Amani Mon 08-Apr-13 19:47:55

Next steps?

Runwayqueen Mon 08-Apr-13 20:15:12

Bloodwork is being done next week and once that is back my gp will refer me to the hospital for surgery. In the meantime it's continuing with diet control and pain management during an attack.

As strange as seems to say this, I'm chuffed its gallstones as its controllable and resolvable smile (mad I know)

Montybojangles Mon 08-Apr-13 21:11:39

Have you been tested for H pylori infection?

Runwayqueen Mon 08-Apr-13 21:16:57

Eeeek I don't even know what that is sad

SailorVie Mon 08-Apr-13 21:21:08

Shotgun - what was the dietary advice you came across?

Runwayqueen Mon 08-Apr-13 21:37:46

I've had the standard advise, but a few good friends suggested I started to use coconut oil instead of olive, and so far no problems on the days I've used it, but also wouldn't mind hearing shotguns thoughts

Montybojangles Tue 09-Apr-13 06:26:37

www.mayoclinic.com/health/h-pylori/DS00958/DSECTION=symptoms

It's a bacteria that is linked to gastric problems.

Montybojangles Tue 09-Apr-13 06:27:40

Glad you know it's gall stones

Runwayqueen Tue 09-Apr-13 08:52:15

Thank you. Now for the waiting game. Does anyone know roughly how long the waiting list is? I've had 3 and 18 months suggested

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now