Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Zonked after entonox

(5 Posts)
TataClaire Fri 08-Mar-13 23:42:04

Had just entonox with a colonoscopy this morning and I am absolutely wiped out!! I've spent the majority of the day sleeping and struggling to feel awake even now and have had a tingliness in my lower lip too and a dry mouth and so thirsty?!
Anyone else have that sort of reaction to entonox? I had it once before but was on morphine too so was too blitzed to know what I felt anyway!

chocoluvva Sat 09-Mar-13 00:37:13

I don't know about the tingling, but I'd maybe put the thirstiness down to the prep you did yesterday making you a bit dehydrated.

Nitronox Sun 10-Mar-13 14:58:01

You would not be "wiped out" from using Entonox. Entonox is made up of Nitrous Oxide and Oxygen. The nitrous oxide is removed from you body within minutes after you stop inhaling it. It does not stay in your system like other sedatives would - where you would feel the effects for hours after.

topsi Sun 10-Mar-13 16:38:28

I agree I think it could be a combination of alot of things. I would drink plenty and get some rest i am sure you will feel better tomorrow x

magso Sun 10-Mar-13 19:42:25

I do not know anything about entonox but my autistic child has needed quite a lot of nitrous oxide for dental work and I read that it can depleat Vit B12 stores, so I give him a (sublingual) top up after each visit just in case.
Hope you are better today.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now