Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Risks of diet coke and aspartimine

(28 Posts)
Chippychop Fri 08-Mar-13 22:35:15

I drink far too much of it. As Does Dh. Dc aren't allowed it and don't want it. We've told them its nasty stuff and they avoid it. Trouble is I know it's not great for you but I don't really know why. Can you educate me? I do appreciate I drink fat to much of it -in my defencehmmi don't drink hot drinks generally or milk

HavingALittleFaithBaby Sun 10-Mar-13 16:48:46

I used to drink loads. I cut it out and now (after a couple of months) it tastes vile to me! Try going cold turkey!

MewlingQuim Sun 10-Mar-13 16:59:04

I think the problem with drinking diet soft drinks is that they still taste sweet so they maintain your sweet tooth. Since I stopped drinking soft drinks altogether I don't eat other sugary things because they taste too sickly now.

Chippychop Mon 11-Mar-13 10:54:45

Interesting point mewling... Never thought about it as clearly as that. Trying to drink fizzy water (with lime) today

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now