Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

What antibiotics would be px for a water infection ?

(27 Posts)
Twosugarsplease Fri 08-Mar-13 22:25:05

I've suffered from bloatedness, nausea, little urine passing during the day, wind, stomach spasms, tiredness, dizziness, and urine smelling not right.
I've bought Wind-eeze, and other remedies.
Tonight it's just suddenly dawned on me that im sure i have a water infection.
I'm trying to find a px my dh was given incase he needed them, as given by GP if needed though for a very sore throat, as has had quinces before.
As its the weekend and I can't get to see my GP until Thursday, I'm hoping to find his px that he no longer needs, incase it's flucloxacillin (which I'm sure is the anti-bi's also to treat UTI's.
I'm just a bit worried as if so I might have had a UTI for some time, and knowing it can cause kidney infections if left untreated I would happily use dh's px if they are suitable.

VivaLeBeaver Sat 09-Mar-13 18:57:12

Zippy, I suspect its interstitial though no one apart from mumsnet has ever mentioned it to me. I probably should make more of an effort to change my diet and see if that helps but it's easier to take the tablets. blush

Twosugars, hope the OOH dr got you sorted today.

Lonecatwithkitten Sat 09-Mar-13 19:45:24

There is also evidence that glycosaminoglycans can help interstitial cystitis so that is worth looking into.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now