Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Has anyone had this virus and its aftermath?

(35 Posts)
earwig1 Thu 28-Feb-13 18:40:19

Three weeks ago I suddenly felt like a bus had hit me, was in bed for three days with horrendous aches, especially my back and legs, headache, nausea, sweats, chills, etc. I slowly recovered but I have since been getting one-day symptoms than then go away, not as bad, just tired and uncomfortable. Today I feel exhausted, with a headache, slight cough if I breath deeply... I'm thinking this horrible virus must be still in my system and pops up when I'm tired... Anyone else??

1805 Thu 07-Mar-13 19:10:32

Have lost some weight though!!!!!

Ladyofthehouse Thu 07-Mar-13 19:19:07

Sounds just like what I had about 5 weeks ago and still don't feel 100%!!

It sucks!

fieldfare Thu 07-Mar-13 19:26:27

Yep, this sounds like what I had last week. I've never felt so ill in my life. Fever reached 106F and I felt like my brain was boiling.

Idotry Thu 07-Mar-13 21:54:21

Has anyone had just the temperature and aches minus the sore throat/cold/ cough. I've had a fever for most of the week but not the other typical flu like symptoms. Not sure if this is virus related or something else is going on - I'll give it a few more days before I trot off to the doctors..

earwig1 Sun 10-Mar-13 17:28:15

Hi Idotry, I had no sore throat/cold, "only" horrible aches, especially back and legs, headache, chills, sweating, and nausea on/off...

Badvoc Sun 10-Mar-13 18:07:46

Yep.
Got the lot.
Dc too.
sad

MmeThenardier Sun 10-Mar-13 21:37:40

So are you better now earwig? <hopeful>

Badvoc Sun 10-Mar-13 21:48:53

We are in Leicestershire btw.

Badvoc Sun 10-Mar-13 21:49:49

Earwig...my back has been terribly sore.
And the shivers, sweating, nausea, runs, cough...lovely.
Ds1 now in bed with me as he is feeling ill too.
Happy Mother's Day me sad

mumof31982 Tue 08-Oct-13 21:15:07

Hi ive had it for 3 weeks started as feeling light headed legs weak felt faint and dizzy body ached head to toe dizzy tired chest felt tight like i couldnt breathe went docs gave meva inhaler and told me to take paracetamol fluids and rest hard wen u have 3 kids it went away for a few days now came back aching even worse alk over d and v dizxy out of breathe again and feel weak and tired eyes blurry anyone know how long it will last and what to take as my docs are useless and i have a engagement party on saturday sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now