Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications, experience, or professional qualifications of anyone posting on Mumsnet Talk and cannot be held responsible for any advice given on the site. If you have any serious medical concerns we would urge you to consult your GP.

Marina coil

(5 Posts)
LadySuzanne29 Fri 22-Feb-13 04:22:15

Can anyone help me plz ? I had a marina coil fitted just over 18 months ago and for over a week I felt very unwell was getting hot and cold contestantly, I was rushed to hospital with a temperature of over 39.4
I had a scan and docs told me the marina coil had penetrated my uterus. I was put on IV antibiotics ( 3 lots!) Once the infection had cleared a little I had the coil removed but as it was being removed it was so painful. Has anyone else been in pain while coil was being removed ???? Since the removal I've been getting pains and im bleeding but my temperature is ok atm.
HELP PLZ sad(

Aftereightsarenolongermine Fri 22-Feb-13 06:58:03

I've not experienced but please go back to your GP & ask to be referred to a gynaecologist who can examine you properly.

OrangeLily Fri 22-Feb-13 07:08:20

This happened to me but within 24 hours of it being put in.

Getting it removed felt like they were pulling a knife out of my insides. I nearly passed out.

Bastards wouldn't believe me the first time I went in and didn't scan until nearly 24 hours had gone past. I was constantly throwing up from the pain.

I really really feel for you and hope you've been given some heavy duty painkillers.

OrangeLily Fri 22-Feb-13 07:09:20

Oh and it took about a week to 10 days for the pain to subside. Was constantly vomiting from pain/side affects of painkillers.

Aftereightsarenolongermine Sun 24-Feb-13 10:09:32

How are you feeling lady?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now