Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications, experience, or professional qualifications of anyone posting on Mumsnet Talk and cannot be held responsible for any advice given on the site. If you have any serious medical concerns we would urge you to consult your GP.

Can I please say 'thank you' to whoever recommended tranexamic acid?

(6 Posts)

For the first time in several years I have managed to get through a period without bleeding onto my clothes / the bedsheets / anything. I really, really can't thank you all enough.

I'm going to try it for the next 2 cycles and then try one without it, I think.

Ohhelpohnoitsa Thu 21-Feb-13 21:39:03

It wasnt me and I actually have no idea what this acid is, but you sound so pleased! Glad the mn network has helped.

Awww - thank you! It's pills you can buy over the counter, to help with v heavy periods. I would never have known anything about them without the wonders of MN. smile

123rd Mon 25-Feb-13 22:20:25

Just a quick question...how much did you pay over the counter? I've had that and mefanatic (sp??) acid prescribed so wonder if it will be cheaper to buy over the counter instead.

TeamEdward Mon 25-Feb-13 22:21:35

I've used mefanamic acid in the past. Amazing stuff!

123rd Tue 26-Feb-13 17:32:14

It's very annoying though as my sister and I have v similar symptoms but see different Drs. I get given meds and she is getting a hysterectomy lucky bugger!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now