Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications, experience, or professional qualifications of anyone posting on Mumsnet Talk and cannot be held responsible for any advice given on the site. If you have any serious medical concerns we would urge you to consult your GP.

choking ,trouble swallowing - reassurance sought

(27 Posts)
gingeroots Wed 20-Feb-13 11:20:05

Taking 20mg omeprazole last 6 weeks ,previously ranatadine .

Problem getting worse ,food gets stuck ,throat seems to spasm and food wont go up or down .

Went to A&E Monday night but managed to bring up some food on way there and some more eventually while waiting so left - horrendously crowded - without being seen .

Made emergency appt with GP for Tuesday but had to cancel because elderly mother had crisis .

Have GP appt for Monday but just hoping someone can reassure me until then .

I think I'm most scared of not being able to breathe ,so far I can ,so that's ok isn't it ?

Trying to keep myself safe - think eating macaroni cheese one segment at a time ,drinking honey and water to soothe throat ( sore after mega session on Monday ) . Have doubled omeprazole dose - says you can on enclosed leaflet .

Any advice or tips from people who also suffer ?

Inaminutenow Thu 07-Mar-13 20:51:53

Hi ginger, DH's PET scan coming up on Monday, I think that'll be the end of their investigations, so results hopefully within the next 10 days to two weeks.
Thinking of you.

gingeroots Fri 08-Mar-13 16:57:25

Thanks inaminute .

Results in 10 days /2 weeks....

How do people cope ?

I'm really not .
Keep thinking if it's bad news I'll hear soon .
But how soon is soon ...aargh .

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now