Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

choking ,trouble swallowing - reassurance sought

(27 Posts)
gingeroots Wed 20-Feb-13 11:20:05

Taking 20mg omeprazole last 6 weeks ,previously ranatadine .

Problem getting worse ,food gets stuck ,throat seems to spasm and food wont go up or down .

Went to A&E Monday night but managed to bring up some food on way there and some more eventually while waiting so left - horrendously crowded - without being seen .

Made emergency appt with GP for Tuesday but had to cancel because elderly mother had crisis .

Have GP appt for Monday but just hoping someone can reassure me until then .

I think I'm most scared of not being able to breathe ,so far I can ,so that's ok isn't it ?

Trying to keep myself safe - think eating macaroni cheese one segment at a time ,drinking honey and water to soothe throat ( sore after mega session on Monday ) . Have doubled omeprazole dose - says you can on enclosed leaflet .

Any advice or tips from people who also suffer ?

Inaminutenow Thu 07-Mar-13 20:51:53

Hi ginger, DH's PET scan coming up on Monday, I think that'll be the end of their investigations, so results hopefully within the next 10 days to two weeks.
Thinking of you.

gingeroots Fri 08-Mar-13 16:57:25

Thanks inaminute .

Results in 10 days /2 weeks....

How do people cope ?

I'm really not .
Keep thinking if it's bad news I'll hear soon .
But how soon is soon ...aargh .

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now