Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

virus and rash

(3 Posts)
florry88 Tue 19-Feb-13 21:30:46

been ill for 5 days, started with fever , aching joints, headache, sore eyes and dislike of light and nausea.

This morning I initialy felt a bit better but noticed a rash.

Not riased but red blotches all joining together, small red dots and I feel dreadful, no fever but nausea and gernal unwell feeling really bad.

just ha a thought about measles , I didnt have MMR ( too old) and my mum doesnt think I had measles.

Anyone know if similar doing the rounds and hopefully not measles.

If this becomes an ongoing illness, especially if the nausea keeps up, it's best to go to your local GP.

They should always be your first port of call for non-urgent, ongoing illnesses.

florry88 Thu 21-Feb-13 19:06:48

Thank you , I went to my GP, he didnt think measles. ( I do !!, I found Kopplich spots in my mouth ) and the rash looked like it.

He gave me penacillin and a couple of blood test, one of which is for measles. To phone for blood results tomorrow.

Thank you

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now