Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

TAMOXIFEN**33**

(996 Posts)

new thread - bring the trolley over here....

well done kk !

jchocchip Wed 27-Feb-13 08:01:18

Morning all! Day off work today grin have loads of washing to get through but will try to get to knitting group and spend some time in my greenhouse and look at my coursework later.
amber hope there is no need to be under the trolley today? Get to your gp and get bp done and prescription changed.
Dd had day off school yesterday after school nurse sent her home on Monday. Bit annoyed as unbroken attendance before this. And I think it has something to do with late night out on Sunday rather than real ick iyswim.
Can I persuade dh to put a brew on, I wonder?

Lonecatwithkitten Wed 27-Feb-13 09:15:09

Sorry ladies I haven't been around for a while. As we got further and further from the biopsy I just tried to think about it less and less. We on Sunday evening the phone rang at 9pm it was the consultants practice manager to so the biopsy results are clear, however, he does still want to see me again.
This begins to make everything a bit clearer the weird blood test results etc - I think it could be one of my immunemediated conditions on the march again, they attack connective tissue which the breast is. So of the other symptoms have flared up in the last week so I guess it's back to the hard core drugs for that then. Thank you all so much for your lovely support I am very grateful you are all trememndously special ladies. I will report back after my appointment on the 7th March.

excellent news lonecat grin that's brilliant.

OneInEight Wed 27-Feb-13 10:56:01

Threads on primary education and special needs are rubbing an extremely raw nerve so thought I'd come out of the wilderness and say hello back here rather than writing a rude response. Herceptin finished abruptly when ds1 decided to walk out of the ward into the hospital carpark. It is difficult trying to catch a distressed ten-year old with a drip in your arm and yes with hindsight I was mad to take him but then hindsight is a wonderful thing. Anyway they say I have had enough and that is fine with me. Will continue with the tamoxifen as other than the odd hot flush of an evening I seem to cope OK with that. I have developed an awful habit of bursting into tears on people which might also be the tamoxifen but given everything that has gone on this past year I think a few tears are therapeutic. Ds2 made a very splendid sticky toffee pudding so will put that on the trolley for all to share although I have to warn you that you will not be able to move for several hours after indulging!

hey oneineight so lovely to see you - but sad for ds - hope he is ok.

OneInEight Wed 27-Feb-13 11:26:22

Hello MAS - hope you are doing O.K. ds is surviving just but even after screaming for help for him and his brother for over a year it has still not materialised - hence why I get so angry about other threads.

thegreylady Wed 27-Feb-13 13:02:53

Back again and moaning sad I have just started a new thread in GH as I have had a pain low in my abdomen and have convinced myself I have ovarian cancer! I went to the GP about the pain and didn't mention my fears.He said to wait 48 hours and go back if I still had pain.You dont need to comment but I felt I needed to crawl into a corner in here and hide-sorry.

aw greylady a hug for you is in order...
Am totally knackered after walking to town and back, which is very poor.

PenPerson Wed 27-Feb-13 14:04:43

Time for a nc, you will never guess who I am grin

grin !

Gigondas Wed 27-Feb-13 16:52:08

I simply cannot think wink

Yay for pen and cooramg. Sits on paranoia box for greylady.

Oneineight- sorry things are tough but some of those educational threads are better examples of mental health problems (see some of relationship threads) than any useful debate or support.

jchocchip Thu 28-Feb-13 00:09:28

Lost my post and now it is after midnight I'm sorry I just have to wave to grey and 1in8 and pen (wonder who?). It sounds like you have a lot on your plate 1in8 so not surprising that you are weepy at times. Usual advice from my gp- find some me-time and go for a 10 minute walk at lunch time.
Check up with surgeon tomorrow morning.

<sneaking in to see if anyone's up as having a bit of a fit of the horrors>

I had a diagnostic/excision biopsy two weeks ago and get the results tomorrow. I have been telling myself repeatedly that 80% of these things are nothing to worry about, and been busy anyway, but today and tonight have been... wobbly. I also have a Wierd Lump on one finger that I have a GP appointment about, so I keep imagining that every twinge, ache or zit means that I'm actually riddled with tumours and about to die.

If it's all fine tomorrow I will pop back, wish you all well and run headfirst into a barrel of booze....

sgb glad you've popped by and really hope all will be well. Do you think finger thing might be a ganglion, or a bit of arthritis (I had odd bump on wrist which disappeared after a while and my index finger joints seem to be suffering from arthritis so are lumpy)
jane hope appointment goes well smile

Gigondas Thu 28-Feb-13 07:44:23

Good luck jchoc.

Sgb - sorry we were all too drunk or overdosed on fbs to be around when you were wobbling.

Waiting is worst bit and everything does become a cancer symptom. But even if it is sinister (and you are right that it is likely not), bc is very treatable these Days.

Proud of myself as managed day back in work and saw dr who has changed my pain relief script( so on nortryptiline now which I think you mentioned kurri).

Trying it for a few days to see how it goes but last night was better. Had usual wobble when mentioned possiblilitu of another scan to check neck/shoulder.

I know it's unlikely it's cancer given my condition, amount have been checked and way pain is But i still worry . it is like when they had to check my leg- which is now so much better thanks to this dr / his team. So I suppose at least I know if anyone can help, he can.

I did smile a bit as said this is something he usually see in his rugby player clients so hope his dosage is for me not some great big rugby player.

hope it works for you gig x
btw - did the picture arrive safely ?

topsyturner Thu 28-Feb-13 09:09:05

Morning All

Good luck for today Jane and SGB
Fingers crossed for you both .

Well done on getting through another day Gigs (another day at work I mean , not just life in general grin )

Anyone take sleeping tabs ?
I really not sleeping well right now .
Getting a couple of hours between 3 and 6 am . And I have made myself NOT nap during the day , but that's still not helping .

My sister phoned me yesterday .
Her best friends younger sister (I used to play with her a lot when I was a wee girl) just got a BC diagnosis .
Haven't got the full details as friend has got a touch of the Just Diagnosed Hysterics , but she's def got to have mx and chemo .

Why are people still getting this fucking disease ?
Why can't we find a cure/preventer ?
<wanders off for deep thoughts and poss choccie (sorry Mas) >

KurriKurri Thu 28-Feb-13 12:47:33

hello all, massive good thoughts to all people feeling wobbly today and having appointments, good luck to all x

grey lady - are you seeing your Go again? - tell them what you are worried about, and they can often reassure you that cancer is very unlikely. If you want further investigations then ask for them, i find they are usually willing to do that for people who have had cancer. I'm sorry you are feeling scared sad, I'm sure everything will be fine, but I know it is horrid when you have a worry xx

SGB - I hope everything goes well for you today, sorry we were all to zonked out to respond last night. I think we need a night watch on this thread because that's the worse time for worrying. Come back to let us know how you get on, and if you need some support or have questions just ask smile - but fingers crossed you will be having a largewine and heaving a sigh of relief.

I second MAS suggestion of ganglion on finger - Dh had one on the inside fleshy bit of his finger a couple of months ago, and it was weird, but has now mysteriously disappeared, - I think they are fluid filled and sometimes burst. But show yours to the doc for reassurance sake smile

topsy - so sorry to hear about your friend's sister. point her in the direction of this thread when she's feeling calmer. You are right, fucking horrible bastard disease. I am losing a friend to it at the moment and it is shit seeing her going downhill sad

jane - hope appt. goes well for you, <hollow laugh at GP's idea of finding me-time when you are so busy!>

Gig - glad you have some different pain killers, - mine is amytriptiline (sp?) I took a dose last night and didn't get up till eleven this morning blush but I did get a good night's sleep, thank God as I had reached murderous levels of tiredness!

DD has an RSI of some description in her hand, which is very annoying for her as she has been given more work by her opera singer, and it is complicated stuff to work on, - pracitising hurts atm. She has a docs appt on Friday, so hoping she can get it sorted out as she's saying she might not be able to do the job otherwise (which would be a real shame as it could be quite a lucrative source of income)

Who is this new Penperson???? welcome anyway, we had someone here with a similar but slightly more anatomical name, - you may have passed her on the way in grin

Waving to MAS and everyone else. We have sunshine at last (bitter east winds as always, but SUN) I ate quite a lot of chocolate yesterday, two friends had b'day's - one at weekend, but she is off to Spain on Saturday, the other's birthday is 29th Feb, so she was deciding whether to have it today or Friday grin

Please feel free to come and do my housework, I have to sit and drink coffee as I have a very minor terrible papercut on my knuckle, attempting to wash dishes could be fatal.

KurriKurri Thu 28-Feb-13 12:48:59

sorry greylady - Go should read GP.

poor dd kk - really hope she gets sorted out,esp as her playing is really taking off.
Just had a garbled conversation with the practice nurse who did my disastrous smear - I am always embarrassed to see her now -we were crossing the road so it was brief blush

AshokanFarewell Thu 28-Feb-13 13:51:25

Hello everyone,

Panic over, on further questioning it turned out the friend who had identified me had actually identified me on a forum I used to use years ago and had completely forgotten about, so I'm safe to pop back on and see how everyone is doing smile

Lonecat good news about our biopsy, although the other condition doesn't sound much fun either! I hope you can get sorted easily smile thanks

SGB good luck for today, hopefully it will be totally harmless.

greylady I hope you can get some reassurance soon and it's all completely fine, it must be worrying for you.

topsy sorry about your friend. Cancer does seem to be everywhere, especially breast cancer.

KK I hope your daughter's hand gets sorted on Friday smile

Good wishes to everyone with appointments/ongoing treatment etc.

I saw Dr Wanker again yesterday - no apology, he pretended nothing had happened, until he made a snide remark at the end of the appointment. Interestingly I spoke to several other patients, no one had anything good to say. Even had an off the record conversation with a staff member - he shouted at her in front of a patient! So bizarre that nothing is being done about him. There's another oncologist I could swap to so I'm looking into that. Will be making a formal complaint through PALS and luckily my boyfriend's family are heavily involved in patient relations type stuff in our PCT so lots of contacts there... Cannot believe he is getting away with treating staff and patients so badly angry

KurriKurri Thu 28-Feb-13 14:09:35

Hello asho - lovely to see you again smile - sorry you had to encounter Dr Wanker again though, I hope you can manage to swap, the last thing you need when you are dealing with cancer is a nasty onc. Some consultants are so arrogant it beggers belief!

loneCat - I also meant to say, so pleased that you got good results, - that is brilliant smile

MAS - oh dear about smear nurse meeting grin, - at least it was brief. I have been known to take huge and complex detours to avoid people I don't want to see, - usually dragging DH with me and hissing 'it's X, quick, hide, hide' while he looks bemused (and being aspie he doesn't really do deception and cunning grin)

ashokan lovely to have you back...grr about Dr W though- he must be mighty powerful in the hospital to be able to get away with such vile behaviour.

Copthallresident Thu 28-Feb-13 14:54:09

Sorry I am going to come on without having done my homework, leave here for a day or so and so much happens, so apologies if I miss the elephant in the room.

SGB All those midnight horrors are not unusual when waiting, hard to be rational at 3am. Hope your appointment went well. I had a lump on my joint on my finger that worried me for a while, when my long list of nagging cancers worries finally got so long I got off my bum and went to the Dr turned out it was arthritis and using Paracetamol gel cleared it up in days.

Ash Glad to have you back. I got to the bottom of the daughter stalking as well, <*v. important for iPad users*> when you press the home button and off button at the same time it takes a photo which goes into your photo library, the little buggers gorgeous's had been looking at photos and then suddenly found that I had inadvertently taken photos of these pages for them to peruse for teasing purposes blush At least it isn't quite as bad as when they got onto my Facebook page and changed my status to single........and then posted lots of cougar like quotes "You're as young as the body you feel" that sort of thing...........gah!

Topsy KK It is a absolute sodding awful bugger

Topsy <greets fellow zombie>

I had sleeping pills in the back of my drawer, but DH nicked them because he had run out and was having a really awful time at work, then when he went to the doctor to get more he was told he had to go into rehab be weaned off them, took ages to get his sleep patterns back to normal and he doesn't have hormones so I got put off.

Also tried on dr's advice special cooling mattresses, banning all light from the room, especially clocks, never doing anything in the bedroom but sleeping hmm not yet tried Ovaltine, and giving up alcohol completely, though I usually stick to cramming my entires weeks drinking into w/ends

It's been an awful week for me on that front, 3 hours the night before last and then had really busy day yesterday up in town, you know that scene from Shaun of the Dead when they are on the escalator......

smee You asked ages ago, yes banned from Letrosole because I have a low hip score or have I got mixed up with goon dog grin They don't really monitor it because aside from Calcium supplements there is not a lot they can do until I break something. Funnily another friend just got diagnosed and she didn't have an early menopause etc. so I suppose it could have happened anyway. Mind you she has the compensation of having been gorgeously skinny all her life...........

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now