Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

TAMOXIFEN**33**

(996 Posts)

new thread - bring the trolley over here....

Copthallresident Tue 26-Mar-13 23:45:58

Amber Can't find lesbian hair, just you with nice blonde haircut? and topsy with hair that is indeed mad

jchocchip Wed 27-Mar-13 07:40:01

It was the comments on fb from amber's friends that were amusing not the hair itself...
Morning peeps. Day off and not up yet grin poor cat...

amberlight Wed 27-Mar-13 08:22:08

Oooo I dunno - my hair amuses me no end grin

Morning all. How are we?

brew

Copthallresident Wed 27-Mar-13 08:38:05

Amber I had similar, I didn't know whether to be amused flattered or upset when I first ditched the scarf in exercise class and Rodney my gay instructor walked in after everyone had been headtilting and saying how fabulous the prison camp inmate look looked and said "You look like a lesbian" (Possibly in retribution for friend the previous week saying "Have you shaved your legs? Are you gay or what?" Thus outing the elephant in the room...)

I'm good, got up, made blueberry muffins for those off to work <tosses them on trolley> being domestic goddess exhausting so am back in bed with ipad. Thankfully little Copt said she prefers Waitrose's grin

Hope gigs had another decent sleep.

Gigondas Wed 27-Mar-13 08:40:08

Eyes muffin wistfully and accepts brew.

Didn't sleep that well, also fasting til ct scan at 10.30 (make me do this despite fact Didnt fast yesterday and was fine) and feeling low.

Still can just stay in bed.

jchocchip Wed 27-Mar-13 08:50:43

Save a muffin to break your fast later?
I'm going to have to get up. Realise exam deadline in April fast approaching so thinking of trying to do an assignment over Easter. Must find course manuals and assignments.... and log in details.

Copthallresident Wed 27-Mar-13 08:57:05

I'll keep a muffin aside for later. Was sleeplessness anxiety or pain, are they giving you good stuff for the latter. You know the ways that work for you on former, have you got your soft rock power ballads on shuffle in your ipod? I would recommend my Lord of the Rings vision. Katherine Jenkins did play a particularly misshapen ugly moronic baddy in that and met a very grizzly end, several times. (Saw James McAvoy in Macbeth a couple of weeks ago smile, would definitely recommend him for the swashbuckling band of Katherine killers.) Can't think of any soft rock ballads featuring sending a Katherine packing though, anyone got any suggestions? There is no getting away from the fact that hospitals are boring and make it very hard not to brood.....

Copthallresident Wed 27-Mar-13 09:01:24

Ooo Can't you have a welsh vision? I am thinking a murderous Tom Jones advancing on Katherine with knife in hand signing " Delilah" That Gethyn whatsit will be cheering him on, and he can do in Catherine Zeta Jones whilst he is at it.........

Gigondas Wed 27-Mar-13 09:03:43

This is working copthall (was bit of pain then anxiety then just general bad habit of early waking). Isn't bonnie Tyler welsh so she could be involved somewhere?

Gigondas Wed 27-Mar-13 09:14:30

This is working copthall (was bit of pain then anxiety then just general bad habit of early waking). Isn't bonnie Tyler welsh so she could be involved somewhere?

amberlight Wed 27-Mar-13 09:37:32

Can I have a vision of Cameron Dias whilst you're having ones of Tom Jones, please? <tries to get firmly in the spirit of lesbian hair>

Gig, good luck with the scan thingy <edges closer to that muffin now Gig's not looking after it>

topsyturner Wed 27-Mar-13 09:46:15

"Once upon a time I was falling in love , but now I'm only falling apart . Nothing I can do , total eclipse of the heart"

<sweeps in and dispatches LaJenkins with a garrotte>

"Amber , what's that ?"
<swipes muffin>
<slinks back out to nurse hangover>

PenPerson Wed 27-Mar-13 09:46:44

Hope the scan goes ok gigs

Loving the welsh visualisation. Can Aled Jones be involved somewhere too ?

I think they have given me too much thyroxine. My energy is returning thick and fast. If you see on the news a mad Dawn French look alike streaking through the countryside with a giant hooligan puppy being pursued by armed police that would be me.

PenPerson Wed 27-Mar-13 09:48:33

And I will do a head tilty interview after sobbing saying 'I have cancer you know' and manically grinning too.

Gigondas Wed 27-Mar-13 09:51:08

"I am holding out for a hero" -can body slam Katherine with a trussed up shakin Stevens as I think he was welsh

topsyturner Wed 27-Mar-13 09:55:26

<out does everybody with a fully sequinned up Dame Shirley Bassey>

topsyturner Wed 27-Mar-13 09:56:43

<gets distracted by The Very Handsome Ioan Gruffed>

AshokanFarewell Wed 27-Mar-13 10:05:33

Good luck with the scan gig

KurriKurri Wed 27-Mar-13 10:16:23

I heard someone say blueberry muffins and ran to the thread grin - then someone said 'Bonnie Tyler' and instantly lost my appetite hmm
Luckily I recover quickly where food is concerned <holds out grubby paw for a muffin>

Sorry you had a bad night Gig, always very hard when you know you have a scan or similar the next morning. Presumably they will give you a nice brekkie afterwards, hope today goes well and they let you home asap. xx

topsy - one word - GooooooooooooooldFingaaaaaaaaah!

Pen - my mum is in your neck of the woods, - if you see a tiny elderly lady with a walking frame as you hurtle past, shout hello (and don't knock her over grin)

The thyroxine might well take a bit of jiggling to get it right, - it's a bit of a rollercoaster going from manic with accompanying racing heartbeat to 'more lethargic than a slug' grin - but they'll get you settled soon smile

waving to Asho - hope today is Ok and not too upsetting - I know it will be, and I know you love him, - but your cancer should not have played any factor in his feelings, and the fact that it has even obliquely is not a point in his favour.
Unfortunately cancer does affect relationships I know several couples who have broken up after a DX sadly, - bloody disease sad - angry is OK, you are entitled to feel angry and vent my love, but take some time to do anything that makes you feel good about yourself and happy, you deserve it. xx

gracie - hooray for oily cyst <that's a sentence I never thought I'd write grin>
very pleased for you, lovely.

I went to a demonstration of watercolour painting last night at my art club, - it was brilliant, - the woman did two paintings - about 40 mins on each, and they were so good, - very inspiring, - she runs workshops so I might book to go on one of those, - watercolours not really my thing (I hold a paint brush like a chimp and don't do subtle grin) but I'd love to learn.

Love to all.

topsyturner Wed 27-Mar-13 10:36:29

<snorts at kk holding a paintbrush like a chimp*

Kitkat chunky anyone ?
Nice mug of coffee to wash it down ?

I have my Waitrose cofffee and have had my blood done (very quickly and very efficiently)
Hope CT goes well gig and hope everything is ok today for you ashokan
kk my dad is a fab watercolourist- I do love w/colours very much- it's quite a skill.

<gladly accepts kitkat - sorry copt blueberry muffins contain fruit so therefore too healthy for me>

Hope scan goes well gigs and hopefully you can rest later. Even without the worry of tests it is difficult to sleep in hospital.

Hope today goes ok ash.

kurri art class sounds good. Unfortunately stick men are about all I can manage.

DD has a 3 hour dance class today as she has a festival next week so that is next week accounted for.

KurriKurri Wed 27-Mar-13 12:00:00

yes please to kit kat chunky (if there is any left hmm ,stares at topsy>)
coffee also please.

I can offer mature cheddar and homemade pickle sarnies (I didn't make the pickle - bought it at a food fair thing, but it's really nice)

Glad the bloods were efficiently done MAS. I greatly admire watercolour artists - I have seen one of your Dad's pictures you showed us once -he is so talented. It is very hard though - I don't know if I'll ever be able to produce anything even vaguely acceptable as a painting grin I am far too heavy handed, - but it's fun to try different things.

<wanders off to swing through trees and munch a banana>

Copthallresident Wed 27-Mar-13 12:03:15

Topsy I'll see Ionads Gryffindor and raise Damien Lewis , oh yes , welsh apparently, and for those of you who have been obsessively hooked on seen Homeland that Jenkins tart does not want to be trying her doe eyed look on him (not a fan of deer, will shoot her down amongst the tulips)

PLUS of course gigs also has Hannibal Lector on her side......

Oh Dear Pen, can you send some of that excess energy up here, goon dog would love it!

KK No I don't do subtle either grin

KurriKurri Wed 27-Mar-13 12:03:40

gracie - good luck to your DD for her festival - kids put such a lot of effort into these things, hope it goes well for her (is it on for several days?)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now