Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

chilblains

(7 Posts)
notnagging Fri 15-Mar-13 05:23:52

I feel for you op, I used to get them really badly when I was a kid. I am careful not to go out in the cold too much now & wear at least 2 pairs of socks. What socks do you wear? I wear bed socks outside & leave the plug in when I'm having a shower to heat them up. I am also careful about what shoes I wear in the cold. If my shoes aren't warm enough I put in thermal insoles.

nooka Fri 15-Mar-13 04:37:55

Not unacceptable! susceptible

nooka Fri 15-Mar-13 04:37:38

My sympathies, chilblains are horrible. I have found that over the counter creams help, so it's worth asking a pharmacist. I get cold feet so am always a bit unacceptable. I know that when I take more exercise I'm much less likely to get them as my circulation really improves.

ripsishere Fri 15-Mar-13 04:21:19

Pee on them or put them in a bowl of urine <proabably an old wives tale but it certainly helps my dad>
I'd go and see the doctor. Are your hands cold too? could you have Raynauds?

BerylStreep Thu 14-Mar-13 22:00:42

Ooh, I can sympathise, out of nowhere I have suddenly developed what feels like 8 of them over my feet. I don't even recall getting cold feet.

Dahlialover Fri 15-Feb-13 15:53:47

I have kept my feet really warm and have two new ones on my second toe, so I sympathise fully.

Sometimes, putting sudocrem on helps (in my imagination anyway, it makes lose their bright redness) but I Do Not recommend anything with chillis in it.

(Off to put a hat on)

emma123456 Fri 15-Feb-13 13:16:13

They have flared up again on my toes and are very painful. I do my best to avoid getting cold in the first place but its not always that easy. Any tips to make them go away! Am struggling to walk.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now