Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Rosacea & spots - help !

(4 Posts)
Jestrin Sat 16-Feb-13 16:31:27

I'm glad the gel is helping. I had to get the Zineryt (which is a sort of antibiotic wash that you dab on) by prescription but it always helped!

roundabout1 Fri 15-Feb-13 19:51:01

Thanks for your reply, it must be hormone related as presumably that is why it stopped while pregnant & breastfeeding. I haven't even got any concealer or anything to use as normally just put on tinted moisturiser & thats it unless its a special occassion. I have been using the gel I got prescribed - can't think of the name but it doesn't seem to be helping, mind you its probably well out of date by now!

Jestrin Fri 15-Feb-13 18:55:19

It could be. Is there a trigger for it? I used to get lots of redness and spots which I would treat with a prescription of zineryt but I wasn't diagnosed with Rosacea. Since having the mirena I no longer get those spots so I'm assuming they must have been due to hormone fluctuations.

roundabout1 Fri 15-Feb-13 11:38:38

Years ago I had a problem with a red nose & spots around it & one patch on my chin, it was very red at times & had painful spots on sometimes too. Once pregnant & also when breastefeeding it disappeared but has gradually been coming back. These last few weeks I have had the red nose & also spots, really painful ones on my cheeks that actually cause me pain when I smile, yawn etc. I have some gel stuff that I was prescribed originally but now it seems more spotty than redness although I do have the red nose too, does this still sound like rosacea?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now