Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

wisdom teeth removal and bleeding...

(4 Posts)
OhWhatAPalaver Tue 12-Feb-13 14:26:34

yeah they gave me a brief leaflet with advice about after care, but it isn't very in depth! i was told a lot of what to do straight after op and i was a bit wobbly at the time so a lot of it went in one ear and out the other!
i will start the salt water though and if its still oozing a bit tomorrow i'll give them a bell. cheers smile

Jestrin Tue 12-Feb-13 12:44:22

Were you sent home with any printed advice or cotton wool packs? Perhaps you should ring your dentist for advice. I'm not sure you should be salt water rinsing until 48 hours after?

Shesparkles Tue 12-Feb-13 12:19:52

A wee bit if bleeding should be ok, as long as its not gushing! Definitely start with the salt water though, it's disgusting, but it does help the healing

OhWhatAPalaver Tue 12-Feb-13 12:17:03

i had 2 wisdom teeth removed yesterday, just over 24 hours ago. it is still oozing every now and again and i keep tasting blood in my mouth, i have tried not to spit (only done so when brushing teeth) and have only rinsed mouth once straight after op as i felt like i was going to be sick cos of all the blood in my mouth!
just wondering if it is normal to still bleed a bit the next day, i was told to start salt water baths today but don't know whether to or not if its still bleeding a tiny bit. any advice?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now