Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications, experience, or professional qualifications of anyone posting on Mumsnet Talk and cannot be held responsible for any advice given on the site. If you have any serious medical concerns we would urge you to consult your GP.

Slightly embarrassing question

(11 Posts)
oscarthegrouch Mon 11-Feb-13 13:25:52

My boyfriend was here for the weekend and we Hadnt seen eachother for a few weeks so we got slightly carried away on the sex side of things and had a lot of it. Thing is today I have a niggly pain in my side (roughly where my left ovary will be). Sex wasnt painful at all to begin with until yesterday morn when this pain started. He is quite well endowed As well. Is this quite common? We are both clear of any sti's

Thanks in advance I'm quite mortified

oscarthegrouch Mon 11-Feb-13 14:00:37

Bump

oscarthegrouch Mon 11-Feb-13 14:44:46

Another shameless bump smile

RockinD Mon 11-Feb-13 16:20:06

Sounds like you've overdone it gel.

This too will pass.

I suspect you've had no responses because we are all jealous.

Jestrin Mon 11-Feb-13 17:11:12

Have you ever had that pain before? How far are you into your menstrual cycle? The niggly pain could just be ovulation. But if it persists then perhaps get it checked.

oscarthegrouch Mon 11-Feb-13 20:35:19

ive just gone onto the microgynon pill and finish the 3 week cycle in 2 days. Im actually at the doctor on wed to change the pill as it has got me run down, headaches, migraine and generally feeling rotten so I will mention the pain then. Mind its barely there tonight

Jestrin Mon 11-Feb-13 20:46:08

Hope the gp puts your mind at rest

oscarthegrouch Mon 11-Feb-13 21:27:40

hmm ive been reading a bit about the possibility of pid, this pain is way over the left hand side of my body quite high up. i think i missed the mark with respect to where my ovaries are. blush

carbondated Tue 12-Feb-13 16:39:43

If it's more towards your side (heading up towards your waist) could it be kidney? Do you have or did you have any cystitis symptoms? Is it a sort of squeezing/throbby feeling? If so it could be that you have/had a bit of a UTI after sex that has headed up towards your kidney. If you are feeling rotten (especially feverish, nauseous and generally unwell) that could be significant. Hope the GP sorts it out.

oscarthegrouch Tue 12-Feb-13 19:27:05

the pain has completely gone now. i was being a bit thick it was defo towards the side and further up than ovaries (well seen i failed biology). I think its been a pulled muscle from over indulgance! i am going to mention it to doctor tho still but if it was anything serious I dont think pain would have gone already

carbondated Wed 13-Feb-13 10:42:32

Glad you're feeling ok again oscar.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now