Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

clicking/popping noise coming from my head/face!?!?

(5 Posts)
SilverMoo Sat 09-Feb-13 20:42:23

Help! I am feeling fine but have a really strange clicking coming from my head area, DH can hear it too... I have also been getting shooting pains in my head that only last a second or so, should I call the out of hours doctor? Am getting worried!

tabbycat15 Sun 10-Feb-13 02:30:07

That doesn't sound right I would ring for advice or see a Dr ASAP.

letsgetreadytoramble Sun 10-Feb-13 02:31:47

Poss sinusitis if you've had a cold in the past week or so.

Mamf74 Sun 10-Feb-13 09:41:43

I'd second sinus problems, mine sound like bubble wrap popping when they're clogged up. I find mine also whistle & crackle a bit when I blow my nose.

Try steam inhalation (or even a hot shower) and see if that helps. There are over the counter sinus sprays which help too, but if it carries on it's worth chatting to a GP in case you've got an infection.

Chiggers Mon 11-Feb-13 18:54:21

I have that at the moment. I don't get the pain, but it sounds and feels like a bubble popping around the sinus/nasal area? If that's what your noise is like than it's probably a snot bubble popping against bones in the nasal area grin.

Every time I get congested with the cold, I am constantly wondering when this is going to start. I know I'm rid of the cold when it stops.

HTH

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now