Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications, experience, or professional qualifications of anyone posting on Mumsnet Talk and cannot be held responsible for any advice given on the site. If you have any serious medical concerns we would urge you to consult your GP.

Feel Pathetic - what can lift me out of this?

(5 Posts)
Cailleach Wed 06-Feb-13 18:13:41

Post viral fatigue is a bitch.... you aren't pathetic, some viruses can really knock you for six, and it can take a while to feel right again. I had a stinking cold back in November that left me flattened - normally colds don't bother me much but this one knocked me down hard and it took a while to get back up.

Eat good food, treat yourself to chocolate or whatever your poison is, and try and keep warm.

Hope you feel better soon.

scrappydappydoo Wed 06-Feb-13 16:58:32

Thanks. I guess because I spent most of last week on various medicines I'm reluctant to take more for something unspecified. Sleeping wise - only having 30 min nap and then sleeping though the night 9-6 its just the fact I need a nap. I'm not good at this 'being unwell' thing. My mummy is escaping the cold weather in the carribbean hmm so no tlc there.

purplewithred Wed 06-Feb-13 15:45:19

DD (19) is a bit like this, had to come home from Uni for a bit of mummy tlc. Do what Ellie says; maybe try to add a very short walk and try to make sure you don't knock your sleep patterns out too much by sleeping all day.

EllieArroway Wed 06-Feb-13 15:38:49

You don't have to be in pain or have cold symptoms to take painkillers or cold remedies. Some paracetamol might perk you up a lot. Worth a try.

Other than that, lots of fluids, healthy food and rest. Viruses can lay you low for quite a while.

scrappydappydoo Wed 06-Feb-13 14:49:09

Had a bad flu-type illness all last week - dizzyness, sore throat, achiness, temp, cough etc barely left the bed. Started feeling a lot better at the weekend but I can't seem to shake this fluffy feeling - can't focus on work, so tired I need a daytime nap, still occasionally feel dizzy/lightheaded.
I feel absolutely pathetic - not quite ill enough to take to my bed but still not well enough to be any use. Not in pain so can't take pain killers, don't have flu/cold symptoms so can't take cold medicine.
Can someone please suggest something!!!!!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now