Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Chilblains :(

(3 Posts)
Dahlialover Wed 06-Feb-13 13:49:44

I get them too. The only way not to seems to be to keep the feet warm at all times, and the rest of oneself too. Also to not sit down for long periods without a walk around.

I have sheepskin slippers. I also wear fleecy bedsocks when I go to bed, then slide them off if I feel too hot. Going to bed seems to be the time when my feet get cold and will not warm up.

Sometimes I put sudocrem of them, when they are new and red. I think it helps, but OH is not convinced.

I once bought some cream from the chemist which had chilli in it. The trouble with putting something with chilli in it on your toes is that it does not stay on your toes. It seems to find its way every where. It does nothing for the chilblains either sad

I also wear a hat outside in the winter, all winter, until it is definitely spring again. You can always take it off if you get too hot, but it is too late to put one on when you have got cold.

If I followed this advice to the letter, maybe I would not get them in the first place hmm

schmoodles Wed 06-Feb-13 13:35:44

Well, nothing really makes a huge difference! I get them on my feet and fingers.

My best advise is to keep yourself at as constant a temperature as you can manage all the time. In the house I wear thick Fat face socks and this helps a lot. All the tips re weeing on them/ creams etc are just a nonsense really - the only thing that helps at all is to keep warm.

corblimeymadam Tue 05-Feb-13 23:15:26

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now