Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications, experience, or professional qualifications of anyone posting on Mumsnet Talk and cannot be held responsible for any advice given on the site. If you have any serious medical concerns we would urge you to consult your GP.

What is this pain and more importantly what can I do to make it go away?

(8 Posts)
BluelightsAndSirens Fri 01-Feb-13 22:14:49

Shoulder and neck pain. I thought I had slept funny on it but now after a few sleepless nights I know it's not that.

It is my preferred leaning on elbow ie face to palm MN'ing all evening arm and reading a computer screen during the day.

I've tried deep heat but the smell made me vomit.

Diagnose away please.

LoveMyBoots Fri 01-Feb-13 22:19:36

No idea what it is, as I'm not a doctor. But have you taken anything for the pain?

BluelightsAndSirens Fri 01-Feb-13 22:30:18

I've not taken painkillers because its worse --when I spend the night MNing--in the evening when I like to have some wine

BluelightsAndSirens Fri 01-Feb-13 22:48:28

Does MN have an accident report I can fill in?

I think excessive MN'ing has caused the ache in my shoulder sad

CabbageLeaves Fri 01-Feb-13 22:51:20

Sounds like a trapped nerve tbh

Is your neck stiff?

BluelightsAndSirens Fri 01-Feb-13 23:07:43

Yes to stiff neck, aching shoulder and sore top arm although I do lean on it a lot during the day and evening. trying to remember not to

What do I do about a trapped nerve, Would massage help?

CabbageLeaves Fri 01-Feb-13 23:25:01

Might relax the muscles? If you have a crick in the neck it can cause the muscles to spasm which then cause tightening and the arm pain.

MajesticWhine Fri 01-Feb-13 23:31:54

If it was me, I'd be off to the osteopath. Send the bill to MNHQ.
Massage might help, a few gentle stretches. Don't sleep with more than one pillow.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now