Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Heel Pain

(10 Posts)
hiddenhome Fri 01-Feb-13 17:48:25

My heels hurt almost all the time now hmm I only ever wear trainers, including in the house as I find them to be the most supportive for my hyper mobility and pronation.

The heel pain is a new thing. Does anybody have any ideas it tips on how to relieve it?

HokeyCokeyPigInAPokey Fri 01-Feb-13 17:51:25

Do you know this is in kids health?!

Marking place though as dd complains about heel pain quite often!

hiddenhome Fri 01-Feb-13 17:54:13

Oh, I never go in kids health. I just assumed that this is some kind of advancing age torture that happens alongside creaky knees and wrinkles grin

hiddenhome Fri 01-Feb-13 17:56:14

Oh, sorry, you mean my post has gone into kids health? confused

Oh dear, my brain is conking out too! I'll ask for it to be moved blush

OliviaMumsnet (MNHQ) Fri 01-Feb-13 18:09:28

We have moved this to General Health
Hope you get some heeling advice grin

hiddenhome Fri 01-Feb-13 18:17:05

grin thank you muchly

My DH had this for ages. He finally got it diagnosed as plantar fasciitis. http://www.patient.co.uk/health/plantar-fasciitis

You could ask your GP if this is what you have...

hiddenhome Fri 01-Feb-13 18:30:01

Thank you. I shall do some research on the net.

doglover Fri 01-Feb-13 19:32:45

Definitely sounds like P.F. I visited a podiatist several times who 'bandaged' my feet - this started to help the pain. I also kept them elevated if resting and used frozen peas on them every evening. I now wear Fitflop shoes/boots/sandals and find them FAB! HTH

Twosugarsplease Fri 01-Feb-13 22:05:48

I got this, quite painful after being out in the snow last week.
Haven't Had it since.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now