Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications, experience, or professional qualifications of anyone posting on Mumsnet Talk and cannot be held responsible for any advice given on the site. If you have any serious medical concerns we would urge you to consult your GP.

Uterine fibroids

(29 Posts)
Theshriekingharpy Fri 01-Feb-13 09:21:24

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

LadyMaryQuiteContrary Sun 03-Feb-13 21:17:08

sad

LetsFaceTheMusicAndDance Sun 03-Feb-13 21:49:36

Oh - no need at all for a sad face! I'm fast approaching 50 with my family all present and correct grin
If I were happy to look permanently pregnant and never lie on my front, there'd be no reason (medically) for a hysterectomy. It's entirely at my request.
I feel a bit of a fraud posting , in the light of what the OP is having to put up with but she wanted to read about experiences.

I had the first embolisation in the hospital because I asked for one before the consultant really knew about them. He went away and did some digging and we were away. I had DS3 about 3 years later - though I think they advise caesarians after embolisation now. I was in the same predicament as the OP - undecided about more kids.

LadyMaryQuiteContrary Sun 03-Feb-13 22:13:04

No, you're not a fraud. I've only been taking the Esyma for 6 days and I've noticed a difference already. They do seem smaller (my stomach is less 'solid' and slightly more 'squishy' blush) and the usual visit from Flo has been 50% shorter. I'm just so sorry that it didn't work for you.

idlevice Sun 03-Feb-13 23:19:02

Another treatment is MRgFUS which uses focussed ultrasound to destroy the firbroid tumour. It only works on particular types & locations of fibroids It is the least invasive. Results vary, naturally.

Any medication based on affecting your hormone balance is likely to only have temporary results, as eventually your own underlying hormonal profile will prevail.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now