Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Verrucas

(7 Posts)
MrsTwankey Fri 01-Feb-13 14:43:25

DS1 used to suffer with painful verrucas and had OP treatment with dry ice (?). it didn't help whatsover. He went away camping for the weekend and got muddy, wet through and spent all weekend in damp socks and damp shoes which I believe make the verrucas worst. The next week his verrucas completely disappeared! I had been googling for a cure and found the banana skin treatment which I was all ready to try out.

Rainbowshine Fri 01-Feb-13 12:13:19

See if you can get hold of Verrugon online. I have had really stubborn warts and verrucas for years and this stuff kills them in weeks. It's very strong acid (more strength than anything you get in the pharmacy). Hope you manage to get rid - they are a right PITA.

IAmSheWhoMustBeObeyed Fri 01-Feb-13 12:04:05

God it sounds hideous shitmagnet. These sorts of stories are what make me hope that elastoplasting a slice of garlic to them might just work.
Off to google banana skin.

shitmagnet Fri 01-Feb-13 09:39:12

hmm a lot of anecdotal accounts of the hand sanitiser working though...
I am currently trying to get rid of a small, embedded one I've had for around 10 years. have tried salicylic acid and banana peel in the past, hand san and duct tape this time, after a go with the acid. i now have a hole after 5 days of acid, to which I am also adding tea tree oil. it's a bit raw and sore now grrr

I tried all the chemist stuff on DD and none of it worked. It was banana skin tape and pumice that worked in the end,.

Hand sanitiser will have no effect.

Banana peel is supposed to be good re verrucas as is duct tape.

It needs a podiatrist to treat it, verrucae can last for a long time.

IAmSheWhoMustBeObeyed Fri 01-Feb-13 07:51:01

Anyone had success with garlic and if so how long id it take?
What about hand sanitiser?

Getting slightly desperate.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now